Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The superior voting system is
This poll is closed.
First-past-the-post voting 1 1.47%
Preferential voting (IRV) 67 98.53%
Total: 68 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

icantfindaname posted:

It’s a bad system and the people pushing it seem to be Democratic centrists anxious about the leftward movement of the party. This is intended as a way to prevent a scenario where left wing candidates get the Dem nomination and centrists are forced to vote for them. This way a centrist candidate can win by dint of secondary preferences of the upper-middle class suburban Republican constituency that Dem operatives are so so desperate to court for whatever loving reason

What they should actually do is proprtional voting, but I’m of the opinion that the strong presidency is the real problem and that changing the electoral system for Congress won’t do much

In any case Austalia and Ireland aren’t exactly model polities. Ireland was a weird corrupt one-party Catholic theocracy for decades, Australia is as racist and right wing as we are. Some of the ranked-choice proposals also include multimember districts, and the premiere example of that system was pre-90s Japan, which I should have to say no more about

what about usually-Republican proletariat putting leftists as their second choice because they're offering real, productive solutions

have you thought about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread