Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Looks fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

anime was right posted:

its gonna suck and you're all going to buy it and the elder scrolls seven is gonna suck even worse and you're still going to buy it

Yeah, fun games that are moddable are cool

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
This is as cringey as the ea conference. It's like if you ate a kool aid pack and the sugar without mixing it all in water

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Thats the joke

Yeah, but jokes where the joke is run into the ground arent funny

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
The madtv fat guy of jokes

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Devolver games are fun, but that conference was the worst thing that dorks are going to get super defensive about

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

You're just a weirdo with no sense of humor

I'm not saying being a dork is a bad thing or anything. But that conference would have been fine if it was maybe 2 mins and then game trailers and then just black.

It's the turn it to 11 joke done by people that arent paid funny people about being abrasive. At least they try? I guess?

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
So, you think people dont get the joke? Do you just think its funny because you like that exact type of joke? Thats cool. But the way they do that joke sucks and is cringey. So bad. No big deal. What does making my own video games have to do with being funny lol

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Whats up with ranking the conference against each other? That seems kinda weird you have to pick your favorite? Its like, wanna know which superbowl commercial i liked better than the other ones?

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I think you, Six AM, you personally, the sole goon who is bitching about devolver, doesn't get the joke. Don't try to turn yourself into "lots of people are talking about this" like Trump.

I think everybody else who was laughing their assess off got the joke.

E: You're cringey.

Lol, this post owns. Im not the only one saying it, the joke is obvious, and im like president trump. I think the people laughing their asses off are fine and cool, but the conference was lame and cringey. It was poorly done. Big time.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Ok, here, lemme see if i get it zaphod. The other companies are lamewads that do stuffy conferences and also have questionable business practices that internet people lose their minds about, and devolver is doing a sharp parody of all of that? This is a really complicated joke with a lot of levels...just wanna make sure ive got it

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Yeah, that i found the conference bad and super unfunny. What do those people that enjoyed themselves have to do with anything. Wait, i think i got it. You think that liking or not liking something means people have to go to internet war over it? Thats kinda weird, zaphod. That conference was soo bad

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Are you 13 years old? This is so loving weird. People don't talk like this.

I think what I said; you're the only person who took issue with devolver. Besides the one guy who pointed out they don't release a ton of games, but that wasn't a criticism of the conference itself.

I don't think whatever weird stuff you're saying, no.

What is weird about me and the other people that said that their execution of the joke is super bad? Because it was terrible. Like, way bad

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

AlphaKeny1 posted:

actually the devolver conference was good and more entertaining than Another Boring E3 Presentation and sorry if you ahve to go out of your way to post hot takes on why it was in fact bad and not funny. please maybe go outside more?

Going outside more will help me understand the cynical humor of the video game company. Hmmm, this is one way of approaching it, i guess?

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

What other people

The guy with the red star and the dude he quoted and arfjason. Probably more. It was just sooo bad.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

quote one of the posts if they exist

Nah, but they do because making that up would be kind of lame and im not lame. You can go back and look if you want to sleuth it out lol

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

ArfJason posted:

yeah admittedly it's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy but you're really going above and beyond the call of duty, like, other ppl here liked it alright and aren't going on fights lasting a page+ over it lmao

Maybe he doesnt get the joke

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
The joke being that the conference was lame and unfunny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
The conference was like a 500 page thread of photoshops

• Locked thread