Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Doom Forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Wouldn't Eternal DOOM be a much better name?

Anything would be a better name

Just call it Doom 5 you stupid fucks

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Meh just quake champions :/

Gimme a new quake 1 style game please

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

it's not a good one.

Its decent, its quake 3 with modern graphics. The characters are dumb but they're not important to the point where they ruin the game. Its fun if you like arena shooters.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

QUAKE DAD

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

quake-family

with a quake-dad and a quake-mommy

wtf is this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That was awkward.

This game is ugly as gently caress. I mean the graphics are loving ancient. WTF.

They're decent graphics, you've just been seeing lots of E3 Bullshit CG that's mis-calibrated your brain.

This is what actual gameplay footage looks like.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Riatsala posted:

This looks like Overwatch but made by dudes who fell out of a time portal from 1993

So its way better than Overwatch, yes

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

PREY UPDATE TONIGHT

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What is Prey. I've never played it.

Its bioshock/systemshock

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

J-Spot posted:

I thought Prey kind of tanked. I'm surprised they're doing DLC especially this long after the original release.

I think it had a really long tail of sales after people realized it had loving nothing to do with the other "prey" game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

murked by dragon posted:

SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fly with me posted:

Game of E3 so far is DLC for a game that came out last year.

lol true

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

So this isn't a story thing I guess?

I think it'll have its own story that frames what is going on (from the looks off things you're trapped in a simulation and being run over and over with computer changing variables to see different outcomes or something)

But being rogue-like the individual spawns will probably have very little story, just an intro and and ending when you win or play X amount.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Wolfenstein baby

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Otacon posted:

That guys name is Jerk

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bholder posted:

I always thought these are different studios of id, but apparently they have their own names

Id is just one studio, those are all a bunch of random studios bethesda owns / publishes.

Id is also in shambles, they're doing Doom and nothing else. They didn't even do all of Doom 4, they had to outsource the multiplayer, and that's why it sucked. Id is pretty small.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CO-OP WOLF

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I like that Bethesda is supporting VR

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bholder posted:

Prey in VR sure in interesting because spoilers

I expect some fourth wall breaks

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Aw gently caress its Todd

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pakled posted:

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Don't believe this man

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Apocalypse posted:

What did Todd Howard lie about? I'm sorry, I think I missed something...

He's not quite Peter Molyneux yet but he's getting there

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

"You came here for one thing"

"TODD HOWARD"

"....thankyou"

LMAO wtf

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Oh gently caress new skyrim. Not even new elder scrolls, new skyrim.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

KEEGAN MICHAEL KEY?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bethesda has become self-aware, holy poo poo

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Okay now after the laughs, here's this poo poo called fallout 76

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Noirex posted:

Please don't let this be some multiplayer bullshit please

You don't know already? Its multiplayer bullshit. It was already leaked. Its PUBG.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fly with me posted:

This is going to be Fortnight lite, right?
Emphasis on building and multiplayer.

Yes

Emphasis on the sucking

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

the bad news is the new fallout game is being made by betheseda

:drat:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

poo poo maybe it is single player??

Don't you lie to me Todd

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Like I'm confused.

Is this FO4 v2.0

or a multiplayer survival game?

I don't know :psyduck:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

gently caress ITS MULTIPLAYER

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

TODD JUST MAKE CO-OP FALLOUT NOT FALLOUT MMO YOU DUMMY

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

fits posted:

"open world" "survival"

:laffo:

:rip:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Todd introduces "softcore survival"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

"You'll decide the heroes, you'll decide the villains"

So its gonna be Day-Z with no content other than trolling other players in a sandbox

gently caress this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

If I'm deciding poo poo, why is it an MMO?

None of this makes any goddamn sense

Classic Todd Howard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

HEY REMEMBER HOW THE BEST THINGS ABOUT BETHESDA GAMES IS THE VAST AMOUNT OF FREE MODS
WELL WE JUST MADE IT SO THAT WILL NEVER WORK IN THE NEXT FALLOUT GAME CLAP YOU MONKEYS CLAP

Hahahaha gently caress that was the one good thing about their games, other people could fix them with patches and mods

gently caress

• Locked thread