Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

DJExile posted:

fast greens own, what are you on about

Yup. Quoted for truthiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Starting with a triple and then a bogey. +4 after 2. Go Tiger!

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Waltzing Along posted:

Starting with a triple and then a bogey. +4 after 2. Go Tiger!

135 to the hole on 1. Next shot travels 184 yards. These are some tough greens to hold.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

torgeaux posted:

135 to the hole on 1. Next shot travels 184 yards. These are some tough greens to hold.

I was out of the office for his first 2. How do you go 50 yards past the hole? That's crazy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I was out of the office for his first 2. How do you go 50 yards past the hole? That's crazy.

buddy you should watch ME play :v:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
There are about 20 people looking for a lost ball.

What's the ruling when the on site commentator for Fox steps on the ball?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Waltzing Along posted:

He had 151 to the pin according to the broadcast. I think some of the numbers they’ve shown have been calculated with the pin positions before they moved them or something.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

RCarr posted:

All of this is extremely my poo poo. Seeing professional golfers become human is very cathartic for me.

:agreed: Watching 20 people look for DJ's ball in the sawgrass made me like him a bit. Also, I like Jason 'Pudge' Dufner, but not in on the bet.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

daslog posted:

There are about 20 people looking for a lost ball.

What's the ruling when the on site commentator for Fox steps on the ball?

They briefly said during the chaos that anyone can touch the ball except the golfer and his caddy at no penalty. That’s why DJ was standing around doing nothing.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Waltzing Along posted:

He hits to the green, bounds past, rolls off, down a huge slope. Next shot doesn't make crest, down slope. Next shot, same.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Waltzing Along posted:

He tried to flight an 8i down into the wind, and he airmailed the green just enough to clear the surface entirely and then catch the downslope off the back.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's brutal out there, holy poo poo.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
This poo poo is just dumb. John Rahm just 4 putted. His first putt was for birdie.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
This is....great.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

daslog posted:

This poo poo is just dumb. John Rahm just 4 putted. His first putt was for birdie.

Tiger did that on 13 I think.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

daslog posted:

Stop I can only get so erect

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Shrapnig posted:

Tiger did that on 13 I think.

Buck and Zinger had just said how much better he was playing after his first two holes, how he had settled in and was going to end up salvaging the round. Fuckers.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

gently caress I knew I should’ve picked Stenson

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
my backup was gonna be Piercy.

Stenson is #1 in GIR right now, let's see if he can keep it up and also make a few more bombs on the greens.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Justin Thomas hit a 407 yard tee shot on 18 per the app, 422 per Fox’s coverage

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Man the US Open streaming site is garbage.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

Man the US Open streaming site is garbage.

It's been absolutely flawless for me and I've watched every minute of coverage. :shrug:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looks like scores are a bit lower today.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

RCarr posted:

It's been absolutely flawless for me and I've watched every minute of coverage. :shrug:

I stream poo poo all the time on both my phone and my PC but I’ve had to close and reopen it several times in the last hour because the video keeps freezing or I get a “coverage will resume shortly” screen.

I did just hear that Tiger F bomb lol, because he pushed a wedge from 144 yards 10 feet right of the hole.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

daslog posted:

Yeah this poo poo is why I like the PGA the most of all the majors

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah this poo poo is why I like the PGA the most of all the majors

Mods????

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
as much as I like watching incredibly skilled golfers fail to make simple putts, I love the PGA for being the major with the least bullshit :colbert:

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
This is great. All majors should be this tough.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

spamman posted:

This is great. All majors should be this tough.

Agreed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feels Villeneuve posted:

as much as I like watching incredibly skilled golfers fail to make simple putts, I love the PGA for being the major with the least bullshit :colbert:

What bullshit does the Masters have? I'd say of the majors, that's the one with the least because it's the same course every year. The other three majors move every year. And don't tell me that the PGA Championship at the Olympic Club in San Francisco isn't going to have bullshit. That course is wacky.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waltzing Along posted:

What bullshit does the Masters have? I'd say of the majors, that's the one with the least because it's the same course every year. The other three majors move every year. And don't tell me that the PGA Championship at the Olympic Club in San Francisco isn't going to have bullshit. That course is wacky.

The Masters's bullshit is pagentry and racism.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Is there a reason they move the par down to 70? Is it just to goose the scores? I mean realistically that’s still a par 72 course out there and the leaders were -3 yesterday and more pros on the course shot “par.”

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Boco_T posted:

Is there a reason they move the par down to 70? Is it just to goose the scores? I mean realistically that’s still a par 72 course out there and the leaders were -3 yesterday and more pros on the course shot “par.”
The course has always been a par 70.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

and guess who's going to Moving Day of the PGA with his father and a good few hockey buddies

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I hope Poulter has a good round today just to make his inevitable crash and burn hurt that much more.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Unless 15 or so people have major failures today (very possible), Tiger won't make the cut.

E: projected cut is still +9. Tiger has moved from T100 to T92 since he went in the clubhouse. I'm guessing it +10 falls into the 80 range the cut will be moved.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 15, 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/fox-u-s-open-broadcast-features-two-dudes-talkin-about-1826869637

hot mics best miiicccs

quote:

“That’s my ex.”

“Yeah, she’s hot.”

“That’s when I—I was loving her so hard and I headbutted her in the head and I smacked that bitch [something]. We went and kinda got in the [muppets?] position and she sat up.”

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Hahaha I missed that, awesome.

DJ lookin real good going into the weekend unless somebody gets really hot.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Hey guys! I’ve been out in the mountains all week Jeeping, what’s goin on in this......WTF lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The cut is gonna be like +9

I goddamn love the US open

• Locked thread