Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
In six ages, the game refers to practicing spirit divination as “spinning”, but never elaborates. Are the shamans performing some sort of weaving (of fate), or do they have sacred divination tops, or are they literally spinning like dervishes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

D: All of the above (simultaneously)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I just finished The Glorantha Sourcebook and I have some questions. I'll try not to ask too many at once.

Why are the elder races diminished in the 'modern' age? Is there some comparative trait that makes them less prolific, or is it just that all of them got screwed during the great darkness?

What's happening on the Southern Continent, are they just hanging out in godtime, because no one bothered to tell them that Time exists now?

Was Yelm's worship just completely absorbed into the Lunar empire?

Is the implication supposed to be that the Hero Wars will be apocalyptic, because they keep saying 'Oh man, was that event bad for the 'celestial compromise'." when 'the celestial compromise' is that mortal Time exists?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I have a couple more rune themed questions.

What are the aspects of the moon rune? It sort of feels like it's intentionally kept mysterious.

What are some things about the water rune? The only heroquests I can think of related to it are the god that dives in to plug the hole chaos made and turns into a whirlpool, and everyone's favorite minor heroquest "Guy needs to get to other side of river". Although this might be down to the Orlanthi pantheon not having a major water god.

Jenx posted:

* The Compromise is more than just Time. The Great Compromise is, ultimately, Stasis. It's what the gods did to make sure Chaos did not devour everything. They lost their freedom and their ability to change and become new things and influence the world directly, but on the upside, there was now a world left to even exist. If the Compromise is ever broken, if any of the gods again begin to exert free movement, that means that things are no longer in that Stasis, and that means that the Chaos which had almost shredded existence itself to pieces in the Gods War can now begin to do so again. So yeah, things are not good if that happens, to be sure.

Regarding the breaking of the compromise, mortals might fare better this time because Orlanth and Yelm, (and probably? the Red Goddess) are perfectly available to come to their aid. Although I suppose the crisis might not actually manifest until one of them is killed again.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What’s a Lightfore?