Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm playing the Orlanthi shaman in the game that ran Nanomashoes's heroquest

he used the quest to obtain a deinonychus mount

i'm going to try to get us hooked up with the Sartar Magical Union and create a force of magical dino-cav for the hero wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
my assistant shaman initiated into full shaman yesterday and by the end of the session he'd bound a God Learner fire elemental into his forehead

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Playing a shaman through several seasons of Runequest has been very interesting. A fully initiated shaman has access to a potentially vast MP pool once they start making pacts and binding spirits. Shifting most of their effective POW into the fetch they generate in their initiation, plus a lot of Spirit Combat, mean a generally high number of successful POW gain rolls each season. That power creep is sort of compensated for by the cost of building and maintaining spirit relationships and binding spirits into objects, which usually takes all of my own gained POW at the end of each season, but those same relationships offer spirit magic spells and magic point pools that more than compensate. I made my first pact with a really formidable spirit this session, and its power will really put the shaman at a new level mystically. I'm going to try to build a cult to that spirit, with a shrine in the woods near Boldhome.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nanomashoes posted:

You should post the Heroquest you wrote in here, I like it.

Oh yeah, yesterday we also performed the heroquest for this Orlanth myth I wrote, Orlanth Saves Sog City. My shaman character embodied Orlanth in the quest, Nanomashoes' character embodied their goddess Maran Gor as one of Orlanth's companions, and SunAndSpring's character embodied their god Yelmalio in the Emperor's Court and the Army of the Sun Tribe. We completed the quest in the gods realm successfully, without any Arkati deliberate divergences from the plot, and sent most of its mojo towards ensuring we'll find friends and allies in the liberation of Lunar Tarsh.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've now played enough Runequest (4th Ed.) that I want to start my own game. Figured I'd see if there's interest here before putting a post in TG Game Recruitment. General principles of what I want to run are:

1) Weekly or bi-weekly, voice chat over Discord.
2) Single Homeland or Mixed Party: Up for debate before game start, during char creation
3) Elder Races: Allowed (dependent on point 2)
4) Lunars: Allowed (dependent on point 2)
5) Start Date: Earth Season, 1625.

I'm on EST, can run the game on weekday evenings. Is anyone interested, and if so, what kind of Runequest game do you want to play in?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I would be interested in playing as long as it wasn't on a Sunday since I have a Red Markets game that day.

Weeknights only

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm good for anything reasonable 6PM+ EST on the understanding that I generally have work in the morning, and expect sessions to last ~2 hrs plus a little extra time for RQ's post-session mechanics (POW Gain rolls etc.).

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've made a separate thread in Game Room for further discussion.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
so, in a month or two i am going to be running a current-edition runequest game, with Lunar-affiliated player characters, set in the Lunar Empire

specifically, i believe the game will be about them overthrowing the current king of Imther, in favor of one of the pcs. to start with, at any rate. are there any resources anyone would recommend, official or otherwise, for running and playing Lunar characters

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does any source explain how the human kings of Imther got the dwarves under the Imther Mountains in their debt?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
As far as the trolls are concerned, the uz bore the brunt of the war against Chaos, and sacrificed the most by submitting to the night-day cycle in the Compromise when they were poised to rule the surface unchallenged in darkness. And of course they vanquished the worst of the Chaos hordes in the long sieges of their Castles of Lead.

I played a session of Runequest as a dark troll Argan Argar warrior yesterday, and it was honestly great. dark gods rule, sky gods drool

1994 Toyota Celica fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 7, 2020

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I keep finding that a wandering uz warrior following the principles and example of Argan Argar tends to work out to a tolerant, compassionate paladin type, even while fully acting under the influence of a 90% Darkness Rune

it's cool

e: rolling "sacked the City of Wonders with Harrek the Berserk" during the history portion of character creation was a treat. Vengeance for Ezkankekko!

1994 Toyota Celica fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Since there's not that many detailed uz myths i've taken it upon myself to write some for Argan Argar. here is the story the trolls of the Shadow Plateau tell of how Argan Argar was born