Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I'm running a 5th Edition D&D game set in Glorantha, and one of my players had a question: What happens if a man manifests the Earth Rune? Women who manifest Air can become Vingans, but nothing is said that I've found about Earth aspected men?

I was thinking they'd worship Barntar, but I understand he's an Air god. Do any gods in the Earth Tribe accept men?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

Nanda is the male counterpart to Vinga among the Earth Tribe, and works in much the same ways; Nandans are allowed in the holy Ernalda shed, etc.

(He's also the god that more gender-conforming Orlanthi pray to when they need to fix something in the house, calm down a baby, etc.)

Did not know Nanda at all, thanks!

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I know this may be weird, but are there any bee gods? Or is that too small of a portfolio to get space in any Glorantha guide?

If not, where would they go? They're heirarchical, which says Sky domain, but they help plants grow which says Earth god to me.

What do y'all think?

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I've been thinking on this for a while, in Six Ages, how are Rams (who are almost exclusively infantry) a match for Rider cavalry forces? Do they just have a shitton of battle magic that the Riders lack, or just sheer numbers they can bring to bear?

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
I understand how a weaponthane could stand against a cavalry fighter, I'm talking about the mass of regular fighters, or do Ram weaponthanes make up the difference?

It just seems like a big investment on the Riders' part to feed horses for everyone, when such an all-cav force gets dunked on by infantry, who need a lot less land to feed.