Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
I am planning on running Glorantha with Fate at some point, but we'll see if anything comes out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

I ran the intro adventure from 13th Age Glorantha to a group of 4 two weeks ago. I premade characters for them as we had at most 4 hours to play and none had played 13th Age before, one had not ever played any rpg's. The characters were an Orlanthi Rebel, Orlanthi Storm Voice, Duck Humakti, and a Sun Dome Templar (mechanically Orlanthi Paladin). All 1st level. The group liked it a lot and grokked the rune system fairly easily and the mechanics were not too much of a challenge to the newbie either (they played the paladin, mechanically most simple). Im going to run more of this as soon as I can, but they really should have put premade characters into the book.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

I hope we will see a Pavis/Dara Happa/West supplement for 13th Age Glorantha, converting things to the 13th Age rules is doable but it would be nice to have more material. Especially more heroquests.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Wrestlepig posted:

The West is pretty easy to handle with just using regular Wizards, and there are surprisingly few written-up heroquests and myths. I think the expectation is you make up your own, as you would with regular quests.

The Dara Happan stuff is harder to do. The recommendations in the book for converting clerics and paladins over are probably the best you'll get for now. Hopefully they add cool stuff like Shargash berserkers and Dara Happan Noble Commanders but they probably won't.

Yeah, I'm hoping for really anything for 13th Age but we'll see. I'd love for them to make rules for Shargash and Babeester Gor berserkers, at one point I was planning on running a game for four characters, an Uroxi, a Zorak Zorani, a Shargashi and a Babeester Gorite. It would be called "Inglorius Berzerkers - the one thing they hate more than each other are the Lunars."

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Also, could I ask you fellows for ideas for a 13th Age Glorantha campaign I am planning, centered on Pavis. I have Pavis & The Big Rubble repring, Pavis: Gateway to Adventure and I think 2 of the Tentacle Press Pavis Companion volumes, Legacy of Pavis + one more. I was thinking of having one character be a Follower of Estangtang (a ranger or an archer monk or something similar), with the campaign centering around resistance to the Lunars, with the Giant Cradle as a major fight at some point. Also, one of the Pavis Companion booklets has a description of a troll tournament that I'm so going to yoink for this.

What I would like to have help with are ideas for Pavic/Yelmalio (Hill of Gold is so going to be in there) Heroquest and other grand adventures either in Pavis, Big Rubble or Sun County. Do you have any neat ideas or things you have done in your campaigns? Also, do any of you know if there is still a store somewhere that sells those companion volumes?

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

I have been planning a 13th Age Glorantha campaign set in Pavis, with a sort of "I fought we won" mixed crew of various worshippers teaming together to fight the Lunars and I really like some of the classes from other supplements. The Abomination from Dark Pacts and Ancient Secrets is a good fit for a Telmori/Alkothi "the more I get hit the angrier I get" type character, the Savage from the same supplement for a Troll non-berzerker and the Swordmage from it for a Western Wizard-Knight. Also the Commander from 13 True Ways for a Yelmalio Templar, as it's based around giving others commands (actions in the combat system).

I was planning a longer plot where the characters eventually disturb the prison of Sheng Seleris in a heroquest and cause events that lead to ousting of the Red Emperor from the Dara Happan throne. If he gets killed by Sheng, even if he re-incarnates, the throne is left vacant and some other hero could have a shot a proving themselves the Emperor of Dara Happa before the Lunars can. In my view of this the one who completes the trials is the Emperor, no matter who they were before.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

I wish there was more material for 13th Age Glorantha. Is there any in the pipeline?

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

I started writing a 13th Age Glorantha class called Sun Archer of Estangtang, a Ranger variant meant for a Pavis campaign I'm planning.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Posted here:
https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/14902-sun-archer-of-estangtang/

It's still a work in progress.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

13th Age Glorantha had, I think, a mention in the Hill of Gold heroquest that a Yelmalio worshipper who completes it without losing all their stuff gets to wear the color red afterwards, an otherwise forbidden color.

I'v been planning on writing a Sir Talor worshipping Laughing/Crying knight class for that game, if I ever have the time. I always liked that concept and story.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Kestral posted:

Something I'm curious about after reading this, and as a person who has only ever read Gloranthan fiction aside from skimming ancient copies of early RuneQuest: do the modern Glorantha games really not have a subsystem for heroquesting? :psyduck: I can only assume that's the case, given that Six Seasons has written a whole chapter for it, but that seems like a huge oversight.

13th Age Glorantha does have this.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

I'm becoming increasingly happy that I have bought nothing of modern rune quest.

I will make my own game if I must.

I have been happy with 13th Age Glorantha for reasons like this. I just like Greg Staffords approach of not having a single truth.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Spiderfist Island posted:

Sure! Here's my attempt to expound on some elements of them:

Anyways, that all is what I've got in terms of coherent thoughts on how I'd handle my own addition to the endless attempts at a Glorantha RPG.

That sounds like a great idea. Runequest has , for me, always been a game that promises something and delivers something entirely else and a new Glorantha game that is mechanically deep but not rooted in the 70's design would be awesome.
Much as I like 13th Age Glorantha it is limited by the class and level system and being d20 based. And Heroquest has, for the few times I have played it, been too generic and bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Someone once described the God Learners as doing theological dynamite fishing and I think that is a good description.