Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

lessavini posted:

Are you sure about these Hyalorings? I was hoping we would see some Lunar/Pelorian culture in the new game.

About the Runequest, I agree with you. I may end up buying it (together with the Bestiary supplement thats coming too) just for mining ideas and inspiration (that art!) for Heroquest games.

Yeah, preview stuff for the game says it's set roughly 2000 years before KODP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Based on past experience expect pre-statted human enemies in the GM pack. In earlier editions they'd have a little gazetteer with "Poor, average, good, better, and elite" statblocks for some standard mooks, or the adventures themselves would have a bunch of pre-written statblocks for mercenaries, broo bands (Usually with like one base statblock and what the variations from the baseline were for their chaos features), etc.

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 21, 2018

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

The 13G book wasn't so much bad as just kind of really laser focused on Sartarite Orlanthi than even most Glorantha RPGs are.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Yeah, you only have to become a troll to worship Kyger Litor (Who serves double duty as the troll version of Daka Fal- basically the idea is that if you want to worship the mother of trolls you've got troll blood somewhere in your family tree and find 'an ancestor in the darkness.') But most of the other troll gods don't require that.

It could also be a matter of some sort of "Fair's fair" exchange- there's a named clan of Humakti trolls- the Sazdorf. Maybe the human Zorak Zorani clan is payback for that.

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 2, 2018