Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

Well, yeah, that's my point; the two things that the Goddess Switch demonstrated were:

1) that the God Learners were right, and that gods from different pantheons were equivalent, and
2) that the God Learners were wrong, because the goddesses were also distinct from each other and couldn't perform each others roles correctly.

Going from that to, "yeah, they're exactly the same thing" seems like someone missed the subtext (again).

What was that quote from the old material? It was along the lines of.

'The God Learners successfully switched over the Earth Goddesses of X and Y and thought it went fine.
Only now no grain would grow in X and no marriage would last longer than a year in Y.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

When are the 2 new cult books out in PDF anyway?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Haystack posted:

Among other things, there's a real disconnect between how involved character creation is vs how easy it is to be one-shotted.

That's been a thing since RQ1.

Not that I'm defending it.

There's always been that disconnect between the Heroic Bronze Age Heroes! the fluff conjures up and the reality of how deadly the combat can be.

I love Glorantha as a setting but I've never found a ruleset I really like for it. Heroquest is too abstract for me and I too am burned out on d20 systems.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Me just now: 'Say. It might be fun to try and write a Glorantha/Runequest hack for AFF2'

Me a moment later: 'Shut up Brain! :argh:You stay out of this. You've already got too many projects.'

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I just checked, and his cult has Fireblade and Sunspear in Cults of Glorantha (Mongoose edition)