Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Been slowly getting into RQG for the first time after being vaguely aware of the setting via king of dragon pass. This might be the most underserved setting I can think of, like I am floored that there isnt like more talk about Glorantha, i'm enjoying scratching the surface of the main book quite alot. How hasnt there been more games or media in general set here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

MonsieurChoc posted:

So is Dark Souls.

This was a big takeaway so far for me, immediately just talking about everlasting dragons and time emerging from stasis. It's very much less aesthetically evident in dark souls though, I find the Gloranthan pseudo-fertile crescent aspects to be more immediately cool than the kind of knights wearing plate visuals of ds.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

One of my twitter oomfies once posted an alt Runequest cover art for something. I think it was in Spanish or Portuguese and it was a beastman completely dick out and decapitating an adventurer. The artstyle kind of reminded me of Q Hayashida. I think it was official it had the big RQ symbol in the corner.

edit: Also is that last red cover the cover for the board game? Are there still prints of that anywhere/is there a digital version of the game?

Xenolalia fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 1, 2024

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Went ahead and casually got a few friends to chill and roll up chars on the generation rules and it's honestly amazing how much fun just doing this process is, even without any further plans.