Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lessavini
Jun 22, 2017
I couldn't find a thread for this. If there's one already, feel free to delete this one.

So, anyone excited for the release of Runequest: Roleplaying in Glorantha?

The art in this new edition is outstanding, really bringing the setting to life.

Ive never actually played neither Runequest nor Heroquest but I appreciate what they attempt to do, and I love Glorantha since I've played King of Dragon Pass for PC, back in the 2000s.

So, thoughts?

lessavini fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lessavini
Jun 22, 2017

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I'm curious about how the new runequest works. I like percentile systems but from my limited experience with RQ the power level of your average PC is too low for what I'd want to do with the story. The Hero Wars are starting, but for now lets look at some mercenaries guarding a trade caravan who fight bandits, and get their arms chopped off by random crits. Maybe that's changed a bit, but I'd probably use the Heroquest system.

Also one day I'd love to do Around Glorantha in 80 Days, so you can cover way more of the setting than you'd usually get to do.

E: There's a new King of Dragon Pass game coming out soon, where you play as Hyalorings in the early days of the setting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXl7zCaRI9M
Are you sure about these Hyalorings? I was hoping we would see some Lunar/Pelorian culture in the new game.

About the Runequest, I agree with you. I may end up buying it (together with the Bestiary supplement thats coming too) just for mining ideas and inspiration (that art!) for Heroquest games.

lessavini
Jun 22, 2017
By the way, I did something..

When a grave danger threatens the clan, go to your Godi and ask for help. He will tell you how an ancestor or God dealt with it in the distant past and then ask of you 2, 3 or 4 of these:
- seek further knowledge of this story with another gruop or clan
- seek an artifact similar to what the ancestor/God used;
- reenact a amending deed of the ancestor/God by making peace or allying with another group or clan
- reenact a violent deed of the ancestor/God by attacking another group or clan
- sacrifice something of value just as your ancestor/God did
- enact a Heroquest overcoming a great challenge your ancestor/God faced.

Thoughts?