Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

If I already have the Guide to Glorantha and Heroquest Glorantha (which is the system I'll be playing in), what additional information is present in the Glorantha sourcebook? I'm not opposed to getting it if it has a lot of information on deities I don't already know about via kodp but if it's just redundant Guide information and the Satarite pantheon I'll pass.

Some information is repeated but there is a lot of new stuff as well. It has a lot of extra detail for the parts which it does repeat. I think it makes a better intro to the setting than the Guide for someone coming to it fresh because you could read is straight through as it presents the creation stories of the world, ancestries and family trees of the gods, and the histories of Dragon Pass and the Lunar Empire in a chronological fashion.

I think they compliment each other really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I'm not totally convinced that Heroquesting needs its own rules if you're running a RQ game. If the RQ game I am working on has it show up as something for the players to do then I think I can come up with a choose-your-own-adventure set of challenges using info from the guide and sourcebook to build upon. Coming up with good curses and boons to have persist after the quest seems like the hardest part.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Hard copies of RQG can be ordered now: https://www.chaosium.com/runequest-glorantha/

Hardback and leatherette options.