Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I picked up a copy of the game at GenCon. I read through it, and drat there is a lot of background, but at least it's interesting. It seems like a lot of character creation for characters in that kinda combat system, though. Am I getting the wrong impression? I've played a fair amount of CoC and DG in a similar system, but not exactly the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Our groups been playing our first Runequest game since the new edition came out. I've really been enjoying it! The world is very well laid out, with a mythical "anything could happen" kinda feel, and a strong incentive not to be murder hobos. It's great! I love the backstory thing tables, they're a lot of fun!

Our group is all from Prax, but from a few different tribes.

Three Llamas - all related
A High Llama Heavy Cavalry (Sister) - Follows the Storm Bull
A High Llama Light Cavalry (Brother) (sadly can't play much)
A High Llama Philosopher who follows Lhankor Mhy (Cousin or something)

You'd think the philosopher would be the oddball, but we also have:

A Rhino Tribe Hunter who follows Foundchild
A Healer from the Bee Tribes that follows Eiritha-Bee (The Bee tribe version of Eiritha. Basically the same, but with a couple of rune spells swapped out. Instead of the Herd Mother, she's the Hive Queen)

And last, and basically least:

A Pol Joni healer who follows Ernalda.

I play the bee rider. It's a lot of fun. Giant bees have kinda been a joke in our group for a long time, so when the bestiary had stats for bees and wasp riders, the GM suggested it. I also rolled the talking animal companion boon, which the GM kindly let me use with the bee. She's been a little rattled ever since the whole "killed by a mantis" thing.

Things we've done since the start of this Runequest campaign:

- Participated in a gladiator tournament. (Demo game)
- Got rid of a hyena pack eating travelers to a trading town by...
- Negotiating with the Hyena Spirit pack leader to leave in return for...
- Chasing off a Lion pride who had taken their land because...
- A giant mantis had taken over theirs, which we killed. (but not before it killed my bee!)

- And this season, we've gone in search of a lost Morokanth trader. So far, all the way to Lunar Tarsh.
- This has resulted in us dunking on some tusk riders
- Meeting some dragonnewts, which are really cool, and my character has a hate on for.

We're tracking the trader across the land to find out what happened to him. It looks like he either A) Sold a bunch of herdsmen as human slaves, or B) Got captured and his slaves taken. We'll find out next week, probably... Praxians are not the world's best investigators I'm finding. If he's been passing herdsmen off as people, that will not go well for him, I think.

Some other notes:
- The Ernalda healer dude sleeps with everything he can. It's kept funny/whatever instead of creepy.
- The philosopher is REALLY into summoning spirits. A good outcome on this is not always assured.
- This game has resulted in me reading a LOT about Prax, Glorantha history and beekeeping. I've kinda got a loose outline of a giant bee riding culture, that I'll probably never do anything with. Overall a win!

This is a Good Game. I'm kinda curious what will happen if we ever meet some elves. Should bee interesting.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like Glorantha might be a setting where you can punch the concept of a triangle hard enough to add an extra corner. Probably have to punch pretty hard, though.