Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
parts availability is not better than for run of the mill domestics and japanese cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

$110/hr is a cheap door rate for a BMW dealership.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

STR posted:

Except I was talking about a Toyota. :colbert:

the matrix was made in America :911:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Alarbus posted:

This is about where AI starts rationalizing buying a lift for their garage... :D

a lift is my "i have arrived" status symbol

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Dropping the exhaust was my first thought.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

you just have to adopt a kind of zen state. live in the moment. nothing is broken right this second so everything is good.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yeah i am finding that a liberal application of preventative maintenance parts and time and also money to the shop when it's poo poo I can't be bothered to do is the only thing sustaining that attitude

and at times it's very difficult

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

Not even that on the Opel, which is why over the years the community has increasingly pushed "headlight rewiring" as job number one if you don't want the car to burn to the ground. Nothing says "good decision" like "German GM"!

what if you took all of the worst aspects of germans engineering cars, and combined it with all the worst aspects of GM?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

look some dumb mother fucker in purchasing saved seven cents per harness that way and got his performance-based bonus that year so who's to say that it was a bad decision?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yeah but they're burning a drum in like a matter of weeks at most in most cases