Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Huh, I didn't know about using methanol inside the lights to clean the lenses.

Curious to see your results and method, reading online it seems like it'll either work great or you'll be buying new headlamps if you ham fist it. If it's low risk I'd like to try it but I think I'd practice on a few beaters headlamps before attempting on something where replacement lamps are expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Isn't that just turning it into a hot air intake? Is there a housing/cover missing?

I see the end of a cold air snorkel there but I don't think it'll contribute all that much when there's not much of a pressure differential due to the rest of the engine bay being relatively open.

If it's just for the noises, carry on.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Best thing for fast cars is to own something slow that you regularly drive too. I find it really helps to prevent your baseline definition of "fast" from getting too crazy.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

If you have a mechanic's stethoscope maybe try lifting it up on stands, throwing it in gear, and poking around to see if can narrow down the source?

How does this one sense speed? Wheel speed sensors or a vss in the trans?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

slothrop posted:

I swear there was a hazardous materials 5 vote smiley somewhere

:nfpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Sadly par for the course for cars destined for the auctions, or in this case a buyback. It really gets me going seeing destroyed sharp and dirty pieces tossed into pristine interiors where the next action is to dump that poo poo in the bin because it's unusable in any way.

That looks like a cake walk to fix if you have any salvage repair experience. The cleaning from negligent parts handling will likely be more effort.