Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Larrymer posted:

Eh, I'll run my GTI until it starts misfiring or setting codes and then clean it. Doesn't seem like a huge deal but is another annoying added expensive/effort to put into it. Still, it will probably happen once over the lifetime that I own the car so I'm not too worried about it.

BMW can get away with it because owners are conditioned to paying a shitload of money for their parts and maintenance. :v:

i think i'm going to see how well this CRC intake gunk cleaner works on my wife's CX5 (currently at 54k mi) and consider throwing a can through my gti every year. 10 bucks is pretty inexpensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i dont blame the previous owners for letting it sit for a year to spend 5500 bucks on turbo replacements, holy gently caress

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
rattle prevention :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
holy hell what a score on those bikes...but what the gently caress is that weird seatpost in the second picture