Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

I am absolutely sold on cheap Chinese ceramic coating.

I washed the Escalade today, for the first time since March or April. It still looked clean and the water ran off of it. As I got to cleaning it, there was a dirt buildup that came right off and it was a quick dry. Ceramic coating worked great.

I then washed, clayed, polished and ceramic'd the Avalon. Man, $5 ceramic coating is the best thing for garbage cars. It filled a lot of the scratches and gave it a great shine. It looks presentable and it'll be a good benchmark for the coating's longevity since it stays outside. I only did one coat, but even that will probably be worlds better than what it was like before.

Ceramic coating is indeed awesome, is that the stuff you linked before? Does one bottle really do an entire car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Badass. I'll order some since both my cars are beater status

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hooray a happy ending!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey MEATPIMP, what's your favorite glass cleaner? I've tried a half dozen things and nothing seems to last on the interior of the windshield and I have to re clean it every week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I ordered the invisible glass, what interior cleaner/protectant would you recommend that won't gas off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

Best thing for fast cars is to own something slow that you regularly drive too. I find it really helps to prevent your baseline definition of "fast" from getting too crazy.

Don't you own a Porsche and and STI swapped Baja???

Which of those is the slow car?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My Mazda6 had some serious whining that sounds like what you're describing but in my case, changing out the oil like you already did made it go away.

...and then I could hear all the other noises it was making.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
STR is awesome and I've learned tons from his posts. Ditto Meatpimp.

Who btw should change his username back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thread continues to deliver.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

My $800 Avalon is right at $2k. All cheap cars end up being $2k.

Free T Cruiser paid me $230 to own it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like their shop burned down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
selling stuff is too much trouble these days. i just packed up a fuckload of toys and nerd poo poo and instead of going slow on Mercari i'm taking it all to a shop to dump in one go. i need to have as much free time as possible

because a mutual friend messaged me and said "hey, he's going to propose on christmas, didn't want you to be blind sided" so i need every single second of every day to make sure they can never be happy/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remind me whereabouts in TX you are again? There's definitely places to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

DFW. I'm specifically thinking Keith's Comics.

I'd say Dallas Vintage Toys is the better option.