Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
That interior though. Wow. It may not photo well, but it's obvious how dirty it is. Can't wait to see it cleaned up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Yes, but how does it drive?

Did you fix the driveability w/ the tune?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

You think that's oil you're leaking right now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-JzPBJalA

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Did you try to reflash the dme, or just going with replacement as a matter of course?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Larrymer posted:

Every single time I'm amazed at the length you're able to talk about GM econoboxes anything. :allears:

STR post.

Edit: And I mean that in a nice way. The posts can be long, but it's usually decent content.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Last I checked, Canada was part of the American continent. :v:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

What a lovely pun. (can't find the smiley emote I want)

edit: found it! :shrek:

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Feb 6, 2019

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

When is later is now later I need it to be later

not empty quoting.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Meatpimp - a buddy of mine w/ a 328i x-drive has shown me something that piqued my interest...

xDelete - essentially a way to disengage the clutches in the center diff and make the car effectively RWD on demand.

He's holding out for an iOS build, and so far those that have bought in seem to be happy - but it almost seems like snake-oil to me. I don't know enough about the drivetrain to know if you can truly uncouple the working components that drive the front wheels and not cause excessive wear/issues down the line due to forcing this interaction (or lack thereof).

What I'm saying is, you should buy this. For science. Or for further burnouts in your feb chat thread.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Alarbus posted:

Neat. In theory it shouldn't cause issues since you're just electronically telling the clutch pack to stay open. If I were running it a lot, I'd probably want to check the transfer case oil at a certain point, but the idea should be less wear since it's open.

I skimmed some of the e90post comments, and there's an interesting balance - it'll change the steering to be less understeer, which makes sense, but technically the car will be marginally slower since you're losing front drive grip (see the video about the stick shift M2 vs the auto 340xi). They're claiming a 30hp increase since you're dropping drivetrain losses a bit, that's maybe a bit optimistic.

I vote Meatpimp tries it out, the F series version isn't out yet. :P

Logically, the less wear makes sense, but it's a german car. I'm sure the engineers have found a way to screw this up somehow.

I still have no idea what I want for a fun car when I get to a point that I can have one, and this almost makes me want to get a 335i and the app so it could be year round fun.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I love you.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

So jumping back a bit to xdelete chat - my buddy w/ the 328 tried it out, but it spit out a not compatible error I guess because he's not up to date on the programming. Is it really THAT common for updating DME programming to cause issues that the bimmer dealer themselves are reluctant to update a car and it to take 3hrs labor otherwise?!?! what?!?!

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I had to skip lunch due to running around like a lunatic and trying to squeeze in work between all the errands. So you, goon sir, are a right bastard for posting that. I want. Bad.

I also found my old LGT turn up on a used car lot just the other day. If it wasn't for the fact that we're already locked in on a new civic this weekend, I might have been able to convince the better half to jump back into the LGT instead. Sigh.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

BloodBag posted:

The VAG ownership experience is off to an expected no start condition.

FTFY.

Happy friday everyone! Can I get a do over?

edit: for dumb reason, I thought it was chat thread, but I'll leave the previous line anyways because yeah.. I need a do over.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

So German Automotive Manufacturer it hurts.