Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

meatpimp posted:

I used some 3M 77 adhesive and that didn't work. The material above the headliner has decomposed... so I don't know what I'm going to do there, but that's another worry for another day.

So my headliner just went too. First time I’ve ever had it happen on a Japanese car (06 Nissan Fuga aka JDM Infiniti M45). If I wanted problems like this I would have just bought a Commodore/Falcon/some German nonsense in the first place! Apparently the problem is that decomposed layer - it *was* a thin layer of foam between the fabric and the formed solid panel until it disintegrated. Nothing will stick to it, so what you have to do is pull the whole thing, scrape off all the poo poo, once it’s clean you can glue again and now it will stick.

In my case, to get the whole thing out, I have to remove the rear seat, a b and c pillar trim, (also the seatbelts for b and c too) but if I’m careful I can get away without taking out the front seats too. Sorely tempted to just bodge for now and pay someone else to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I don't watch much Nascar since the times don't work out well for me, but it's been hella interesting following the development of the new car. A lot of V8 Supercar DNA in it. And yeah, conceivably there's nothing stopping you just buying so many components given the spec nature. Transaxle for example is from Xtrac and I believe they supply from the clutch/bellhousing back.