Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Fuel filter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The more I read this thread, the more I think that there is a future in E46 speculation.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I owned an E30 325is and 09 128i at the same time and they were very similar on the interior. Almost everything was in the same place.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

This popped up locally. There's got to be something wrong with it, right? I mean other than the guaranteed future issues.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Ya, I'm not buying an AWD anything in SC, just adds needless complexity down here.

I did not know the N54 came in the X1. Jesus.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm going to put forward that it's been making the noise since you got it; you just noticed after doing all the maintenance cause you were paying more attention.

Say 10 hail V8's and ignore it forever.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Where else can we read fine details about the clutch engagement of a long-forgotten American economy car with high mileage? Where, I ask? It's far more relevant to my life than anything in Motor Trend.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

STR posted:

Except I was talking about a Toyota. :colbert:

Aww poo poo, I thought you were taking about your Sat...

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

the matrix was made in America :911:

Yeah that's what I meant!

Teketeketeketeke posted:

The clutch on my parents' Matrix XRS utterly ruined what would otherwise be a pretty dope car

I had an XRS for 3 years and yeah the clutch is unforgiving but it's a byproduct of a high-revving motor with zero low end torque. A softer clutch wouldn't survive many WOT pulls to redline, I suppose. I got used to it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I've heard the same from some of my coworkers with kids. I sold my Matrix XRS to a guy who bought it for his son - it's over a year later and the kid still hasn't gotten permit or license. Coworker is keeping it though, cause he's a Toyota guy and likes to use it for beer runs apparently. When it comes up, he can't help but mimic shifting gear at high revs to demonstrate why he likes it. :c00lbert:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'd say before you chuck $200 at it, check all connections on the..uh... IBS ( :haw: ) cable.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

meatpimp posted:

The Germans have funny ways to show how much they hate us.

Could be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I just buy 5 quart jugs and use the open one on the next oil change. I mean, I wouldn't use ancient oil on a vehicle, but dealerships and anywhere that does oil changes professionally buys oil by the drum and it's definitely not hermetically sealed after they pop the cap and install a pneumatic pump.