Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

blindjoe posted:

After my wife got fed up with it breaking and bought a new car, the e61 stayed in the family as it is now a vacation car in Hawaii. So I still get to fix it when it breaks. The last time I drove it, the glass hatch wouldn't stop opening as soon as power came on. I had the whole family in the car as I tore the hatch apart to get the solenoid unplugged so we could go the store to get breakfast on the first day of the vacation.

You say vacation car and Hawaii? This sounds nice. Once stayed at my ex wife's family friend in Florida where they had a Jeep and a Jag that just stayed at their beach house. I wish that was me but that is my own fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Should I coat my new car? I love the color it’s a metallic.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Could I bother you with a question on a car I've got coming from Japan? I'm thinking front bumper needs a respray but I'd like an opinion.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
THere is a worse spot than what you saw so I guess respray

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Seminal Flu posted:

Let's see! The spot I saw (RF Bumper) is tough, because it's also a 2-color spray.

It needs a respray I just am a stupid man but thank you. There is a spot that is scorched. I guess a weirdo who only drives 6500 km in 25 years can’t park good.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I'm just coming at this from a different perspective, but my old S-10 Blazer had this crazy whine like that, that drove me crazy because we had swapped the engine and put a lift kit on it - and it was the speedo cable (which for all I know your wagon doesn't even have)

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

angryrobots posted:

Where else can we read fine details about the clutch engagement of a long-forgotten American economy car with high mileage? Where, I ask? It's far more relevant to my life than anything in Motor Trend.

With zero sarcasm, same

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Why didn't anyone say "Hey dummy, check the first things first!"

Just took the battery off the charger and it was at 12.96v.

40 minutes later and the battery (disconnected from the car entirely) is at 12.06v.

Looks like a trip to Interstate is likely tomorrow. The reason I didn't even test the battery is that I just got it less than 2 years ago, sticker on it is 6/2017. :(

Wow. My Majesta threw me for a loop because it would take a jump and run for just a bit and die. Of course everyone, including me, thought it was alternator or electrical. Thought my battery charger had gone bad because it wouldn't even blink on that battery. Took it in to be tested dead AF new battery instantly solved everything.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Dadliest Worrier posted:

I read this and my first thought was genuinely “GM killed the brand? Guess that was coming.”

Oh they've killed it it just hasn't been buried yet.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Nice

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Wow great deal on the e-bike!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I will give you that Honda Today that is about to be here if you will travel to my house and detail all of my imports for the rest of time

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Killer, I am a sucker for white cars anyways. Had a rental Juke once and they are really more than the sum of their parts, cool little cars.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My buddy whom is the most docile easy person just had a Sentra poo poo the cvt was going to be $4k just out of warranty. I unleashed a tirade on Twitter (only thing I use it for) they good willed down to around $1200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Will ha e to keep an eye out for one of those machines, never heard of them! I get a lot of tiny kei trucks with really dirty seat fabric.

Speaking of kids, my 11 year old who is allay as tall as me got hurt in the backyard yesterday, after hours at a very nice urgent care fir foot X-rays not broken but on crutches, it’s hard seeing your kids hurt or upset.