Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

Just give me another loving Tenchu game please dear god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

The Grey posted:

I think all these studios working on zombie games are going to regret it. There are like a million of them coming when people are already burned out on the genre.

zombies are as overplayed now as vampires were by about 2011. time to move on to werewolves or some poo poo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This got shown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNChp70SgHc

Days Gone didn't.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Nioh 2 won sony e3 tbh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

What will the lore of nioh 2 be. I feel like they dispensed with all sengoku era figures, even very obscure ones, and many figures that weren't even from that era as well, in the first game

they didnt even get around to killing kenshin, theres plenty to work with

plus they could easily move the story ahead to the post-sengoku era and the korean campaigns

actually, they probably wont do that, nevermind

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

no one cares about days gone and even sony realizes this

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

trigger warning that poo poo please

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

foonykins posted:

Just give me another loving Tenchu game please dear god

I'm afraid samurais rule, and ninjas drool. I'm sorry you had to hear this from me

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

nerdz posted:

now they're showing the amount of work to set up this embarrassing conference and it's just sad

How much did they spend on all that??? Just put it in a conference hall or auditorium.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Policenaut posted:

It's a Tetris game.

I don’t know how you can even see the blocks coming down when every movement or button press seems to shoot particles loving everywhere on screen

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Last of us 2: Don't give a gently caress, whatever that was they showed is not for me. Also I think the gameplay was scripted.
Resident Evil 2: Cool I guess, but I don't replay games I've already played or buy remakes of games I already played.
Spiderman: Went from potentially interested to I'll try it from Gamefly.
Death Stranding: Interested, but I think it's 2+ years from being released.
Nioh 2: Really enjoyed the first one, but even though I haven't played them yet I'm already experiencing Feudal Japan fatigue.
Ghost of Tsushima: Which one was this? All of the Feudal Japan games looked cool but already getting them mixed up.
Sekiro: Also looked cool.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
there was about 10 seconds of a days gone trailer im 100% certain

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Like. I understand the joke.

But I don't understand HOW it's a joke.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

No Gran Tourismo either. Surely they could have talked about how they are recording audio of actual super car engines or something.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm afraid samurais rule, and ninjas drool. I'm sorry you had to hear this from me

I..... I need healing

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hellioning posted:

Like. I understand the joke.

But I don't understand HOW it's a joke.

The joke is that Sony knows a bunch of Rick and Morty fans who greatly over estimate their own intelligence are gonna spend a lot of money on a mediocre platforming game

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

If Tsushima is PS4 I will probably get ps4 pro probably. I feel like its a next gen game possibly.

Also surprised no Red Dead at Sony since they have a marketing deal with Rockstar.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The joke is that Sony knows a bunch of Rick and Morty fans who greatly over estimate their own intelligence are gonna spend a lot of money on a mediocre platforming game

This guy gets it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In hindsight, naruto was the death knell for all ninjas in media. RIP

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Tsushima looked cool and had some sweet looking gameplay but otherwise what a wet fart of a presentation

Fat_Cow posted:

Nioh 2 won sony e3 tbh.

the cool thing is you'll get to say this again next year

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the only upcoming games im really super excited for are Sekiro and Death Stranding. Sekiro because theres a 99% chance it will be brilliant and Death Stranding cause me and my gf will enjoy the hell out of it whether its good or bad.
mmmmmmaybe Shin Megami Tensei switch depending on how full on it is. nothing else really springs to mind

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

the cool thing is you'll get to say this again next year

Star Citizen will win e3 next year, just you wait!!!

Edit: Oh it was just for Sony. Uh...FF7 Remake will win I guess.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

they said they wernt showing it months ago. they shunted it off to gameinformer.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i thought tsushima looked kinda meh which is a shame. still gonna buy it cause samurai but the combat looked pretty basic, mildly advanced hack n slash and I thought the animation on the main character didn't look very good

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Sinteres posted:

Star Citizen will win e3 next year, just you wait!!!

Edit: Oh it was just for Sony. Uh...FF7 Remake will win I guess.

star citizen actually showed up in the PC showcase, the entire chat started chanting "SCAM CITIZEN" lol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I liked that tsushima didn't have supernatural elements, and also that it emphasized the samurai quickdraw thing. I look forward to watching it again without muddy stream compression, especially the final fight, because even muddy that looked pretty amaze

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SUNKOS posted:

Sony really needs to stop showing off games five years before they're ready for launch. It would help if they hadn't shut down a whole bunch of their first party studios as well. A new Wipeout game would be nice and how the hell did Knack 2 get funded but they didn't throw money at From Software to make another game for them?!

I'm still amazed at the good will they got from showing off Last Guardian, FF7 remake, and a loving kickstarter announcement for Shenmue 3 three years ago

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Policenaut posted:

It's a Tetris game.

Yeah no poo poo, just curious as to whether there's more to it than "tetris with the Pac-Man CE treatment" because the trailer for it made it seem like there was something special

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

nopantsjack posted:

i thought tsushima looked kinda meh which is a shame. still gonna buy it cause samurai but the combat looked pretty basic, mildly advanced hack n slash and I thought the animation on the main character didn't look very good

It looked super interesting to me, but I wasn't sure if interesting meant good in this case. On the bright side, they're probably going to spend a lot of time working on it still.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I liked that tsushima didn't have supernatural elements, and also that it emphasized the samurai quickdraw thing. I look forward to watching it again without muddy stream compression, especially the final fight, because even muddy that looked pretty amaze

yeah. i am kind curious how it plays. it looks like it might be arkham like a little bit.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i am kind curious how it plays. it looks like it might be arkham like a little bit.

The iaijitsu moves seem real cool. Hopefully they're forgiving in the actual game

also lol just realized there's no release date for it. RIP seeing this one in 2019

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 12, 2018

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
LMAO if you actually thought the sony conference was bad. The only bad thing was the rick and morty game

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

LMAO if you actually thought the sony conference was bad. The only bad thing was the rick and morty game

Someone missed the first half.
You don't put the treehouse in the middle of your conference.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the auditorium switch was a huuuuuge loving mistake but everything from tsushima onward was fine at worst

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Ya it was weird because in one section where he got stealth kills it was very arkham but in the duels it looked like there was stances and combat was more methodical.

Anyway the samurai meta is strong right now. Sekiro, Nioh 2 and Tsushima all gonna be hype.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The games shown were cool and good

Everything else felt very unprofessional.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Fly with me posted:

Someone missed the first half.
You don't put the treehouse in the middle of your conference.

last of us looks sick as gently caress, it had weird pacing issues but everything they showed (minus the justin roiland game) looked really loving good. I NEED that new Remedy game

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
The games were fine, the presentation was the worst of this E3. Worse than EA...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So Days Gone, Spider-Man and crackdown that’s the holy trinity of games that have been shown in like five e3s but still haven’t come out right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

The games were fine, the presentation was the worst of this E3. Worse than EA...

yup

Easily the worst technically. Looooootttta audio and camera issues.

Like Ubisoft had hotmic issues, but they were cute "We nailed it" poo poo

• Locked thread