Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

So Days Gone, Spider-Man and crackdown that’s the holy trinity of games that have been shown in like five e3s but still haven’t come out right

Spider-Man only showed up last year, right?

Replace it with Death Stranding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

That was awful. Games are kinda bad.

Nintendo could be dope tho right???

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Calaveron posted:

So Days Gone, Spider-Man and crackdown that’s the holy trinity of games that have been shown in like five e3s but still haven’t come out right

Death Stranding was revealed in the same E3 as Days Gone and looks to be coming out much, much later.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
ff7

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is dead. Time to play FFXV forever

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Pakled posted:

Death Stranding was revealed in the same E3 as Days Gone and looks to be coming out much, much later.

Honestly I don’t count death stranding because that one's straight up never coming out

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Barudak posted:

Is dead. Time to play FFIX forever

Fixed that for you.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They should have just had the whole thing in the barn/revival tent. It was a neat space.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fly with me posted:

Fixed that for you.

FFIX doesn't have another year of DLC to go, buddy.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Barudak posted:

FFIX doesn't have another year of DLC to go, buddy.

I know.
:smith:

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

americans don't know what fist of the north star is

I don't know what it is, but i'm loving interested in it now.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Infinitum posted:

yup

Easily the worst technically. Looooootttta audio and camera issues.

Like Ubisoft had hotmic issues, but they were cute "We nailed it" poo poo
Even with the PC show having mic issues Cloud9 actually handled it like a pro.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ffxiv is twice as much as ffvii what more do you want

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I understand people not liking the presentations but I only care about the games. The games were all good to great minus Rick & Morty. They should have put the fromsoft vr game that looks weird and interesting.

Pretty good E3 all and all so far. Kinda disappointed Square didn't even give just a small speech update on FF7R.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Control looks good but I would trade it for Alan Wake 2 in a heartbeat

They even tease Alan Wake 2 at the beginning of Quantum Break which was just mean

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
Death Stranding looks like the dumbest poo poo and nobody knows what it is.

That being said, I hope it comes out soon and everyone who's excited for it gets a good game they enjoy. I just hope I don't have to hear about this game for the next two years.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Infinitum posted:

yup

Easily the worst technically. Looooootttta audio and camera issues.
I think the mix was a little off at the start, with the Video Feed audio throwing some of the audience mics in and catching the delay.

An Idiot is Me because I was watching the Sony Europe feed and it sounded like it was buffering every second and a half.

AutomaticPrince posted:

It's going to be one of those Kojima mindfucks in that he gives us a straight paranormal fetch quest game with no Kojima mindfucks.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

AutomaticPrince posted:

That being said, I hope it comes out soon and everyone who's excited for it gets a good game they enjoy. I just hope I don't have to hear about this game for the next two years.

Death Stranding just looks weird and we're still not shown anything. You sneak around at one point is the highlight of what appears to be channeling Soul Reaver 1 crate moving game play.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

death stranding looks awesome, i am unironically down to pay 59.99 for those graphics and those camera angles

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It’s crazy that people are disappointed by the games in the Sony conference. It was just jaw-dropping title after jaw-dropping title. If it wasn’t for the insane presentation choices Sony made it would have been one of the all-time classic E3 shows.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SatansBestBuddy posted:

"what goes on in a lesbian's head" the game

can confirm this is accurate

also this was a good conference if weirdly structured at the beginning there

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That was a really awkward and messy start. But once things started to get rolling it got better.

My main issue with some of these games is that I still don't have a drat clue what the actual gameplay is like. Death Stranding just looks like pretentious bullshit for example.

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 12, 2018

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Ceramics posted:

That was awful. Games are kinda bad.

Nintendo could be dope tho right???

Nintendo should have a solid lineup and can easily be the balm for this year's E3 rash. I think they're ending on the Smash 5 reveal/tourney so, unless they really botch things, we're going out on a high note.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Comrade Fakename posted:

It’s crazy that people are disappointed by the games in the Sony conference. It was just jaw-dropping title after jaw-dropping title. If it wasn’t for the insane presentation choices Sony made it would have been one of the all-time classic E3 shows.

They showed four games and we knew about all of them in advance.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Snackula posted:

They showed all their other games at their warm up show a couple of days ago (sponsered by microsoft)

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I forgot about the RE2 remake, that was a welcome surprise.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Snackula posted:

And most of them still don't have release dates. I'd bet money that we'll be seeing Death Stranding and Tsushima at next year's conference, unfortunately. I really wish Sony would start showing games that are actually coming out in the next year

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
well i for one am stoked for Microsoft's bombshell announcements, Terry Crews Screaming Incoherently and These Middleware Developers Belong to Us Now

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Bad presentation, but TLoU2, Tsushima, the Remedy game and Death Stranding all look great/incomprehensible in a way I'm totally into. Spiderman looks generic as gently caress though. Still a good conference overall. Between this, and all the Microsoft games I'm going to play on my PS4, Sony have had a good E3.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So what PS4 exclusives are coming out in 2018? Wanna know how soon I need to finally invest in a PS4

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Macaluso posted:

So what PS4 exclusives are coming out in 2018? Wanna know how soon I need to finally invest in a PS4

it's worth it for HZD and God of War 4, even if their presentation this year was bad

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Macaluso posted:

Spider-Man is the only big one I can think of off the top of my head. Most of the 2018 ones are already out.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
FF7 Remake isn't happening this generation, is it?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Orange Crush Rush posted:

FF7 Remake isn't happening this generation, is it?

It depends if you're using generation in terms of human lifespans or video game console iterations... but probably no for both.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Just 2018?

Bloodborne
The Last of Us
Uncharted 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Until Dawn
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (august)
Yakuza 6
Spiderman (september)
Fist of the North Star: Paradise Lost

Other goons will point even more games but I'm not mentioning there Nioh and Nier: Automata as you can play then on PC. Not counting 2019 games you get years of games there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

well i for one am stoked for Microsoft's bombshell announcements, Terry Crews Screaming Incoherently and These Middleware Developers Belong to Us Now

"We bought new studios to produce exclusive games for us! They won't be able to actually RELEASE any exclusives for 2-3 years, but we have certainly have new studios now!!

Where are you all going? Please clap come back... :ohdear:".

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Death stranding pretty clearly involves every single inventory item being visible on your character model and being an item with volume and weight in the world that you have to manage. One of norman reedus' crates transforms into a gun at the end of the trailer so there will also be action.

It looks really cool.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Guillermus posted:

Just 2018?

Bloodborne
The Last of Us
Uncharted 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Until Dawn
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (august)
Yakuza 6
Spiderman (september)
Fist of the North Star: Paradise Lost

Other goons will point even more games but I'm not mentioning there Nioh and Nier: Automata as you can play then on PC. Not counting 2019 games you get years of games there.

TheChirurgeon posted:

it's worth it for HZD and God of War 4, even if their presentation this year was bad

Well the main reason I'm strictly looking at the stuff they announced this year, is because up until pretty recently the idea of being able to afford a PS4 was just never ever gonna be an option. So because of that, a good amount of those games I have just watched playthroughs of on youtube/twitch. I've seen all of God of War, Until Dawn, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 for example.

I forgot about Horizon Zero Dawn though, which I haven't watched any of. So that's a good one to keep in mind.

I really really wanna play that japanese Witcher game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

f

• Locked thread