Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Guillermus posted:

Just 2018?

Bloodborne
The Last of Us
Uncharted 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Until Dawn
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (august)
Yakuza 6
Spiderman (september)
Fist of the North Star: Paradise Lost

Other goons will point even more games but I'm not mentioning there Nioh and Nier: Automata as you can play then on PC. Not counting 2019 games you get years of games there.

I applaud both your enthusiasm and chronological generosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Orange Crush Rush posted:

FF7 Remake isn't happening this generation, is it?

Supposedly they scrapped all the work they had a fewonths ago and we're redoing it from scratch/rehiring artists

So, no

Terper posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3

Kh3 isn't exclusive

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Well the main reason I'm strictly looking at the stuff they announced this year, is because up until pretty recently the idea of being able to afford a PS4 was just never ever gonna be an option.

I forgot about Horizon Zero Dawn though, which I haven't watched any of. So that's a good one to keep in mind.

There weren’t a lot of dates given for the exclusive games they showed this year. So it’s not clear what coming out 2018 and what’s mid 2019 yet. HZD is really good and is the reason I bought my PS4 and I’m happy with it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I remember when FF7 remake was part of the sizzle reel... for PS3

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

doingitwrong posted:

There weren’t a lot of dates given for the exclusive games they showed this year. So it’s not clear what coming out 2018 and what’s mid 2019 yet. HZD is really good and is the reason I bought my PS4 and I’m happy with it.

Spider-man is this year, Resi 2 (I'm guessing not an exclusive though but can't be bothered checking) and Days Gone are early next year. If an exclusive doesn't have a release date now, it's almost certainly not coming out in 2018.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, RESI2 & Control are non exclusives.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Well the main reason I'm strictly looking at the stuff they announced this year, is because up until pretty recently the idea of being able to afford a PS4 was just never ever gonna be an option. So because of that, a good amount of those games I have just watched playthroughs of on youtube/twitch. I've seen all of God of War, Until Dawn, Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 for example.

I forgot about Horizon Zero Dawn though, which I haven't watched any of. So that's a good one to keep in mind.

I really really wanna play that japanese Witcher game

Just a heads up I noticed at least here in Canada, is that if you're looking to get a regular PS4 (as in not a Pro) deals are quite uncommon. If what you want is a PS4 Slim you're likely better off waiting for Black Friday if you can manage that.

Enourmo posted:

I remember when FF7 remake was part of the sizzle reel... for PS3

Remember how Final Fantasy XV was in development before the PS3 was even announced?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

Kh3 isn't exclusive

No one who owns an Xbox wants KH3

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gravy Jones posted:

Spider-man is this year, Resi 2 (I'm guessing not an exclusive though but can't be bothered checking) and Days Gone are early next year. If an exclusive doesn't have a release date now, it's almost certainly not coming out in 2018.

my guess is ghosts and LOU2 are late next year. maybe.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think I figured it out. Norman Reedus is carrying a printer.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

univbee posted:

Remember how Final Fantasy XV was in development before the PS3 was even announced?

Was FF13 out before the PS3 was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Spiderman looked real good, Nioh 2 is a day one buy for me and Control too of course. But man, none of the big stuff had even vague "2019" type release dates, ie. they're still a couple of years away at least, which might mean they're actually PS5 games or at least cross-generational.

That'd suck.

• Locked thread