Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Complete withdrawal from Korea? Gives Kim a nuke? Gives Kim a state? Gives Kim Barron? Nukes Japan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/willripleyCNN/status/1006336000799305728

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
like a ball lol

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
In a massive security snafu the norks manage to black bag Trump and take him back to Pyongyang.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

It's going to be incredibly eye-rollingly dumb, whatever it is that's about to happen

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
We'll finally have world peace op

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
dynastic alliance sealed by marrying kim to ivanka, or kim's wednesday adams sister to barron

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Extremely op

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
He'll give Korea the Aleuts as part of a real estate deal.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This was basically Trump's version of the Beer Summit.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dreddout posted:

We'll finally have world peace op

and pot coin

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

General Dog posted:

This was basically Trump's version of the Beer Summit.

Holy poo poo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Cordial, but insubstantial talks. Korean War will maybe officially end, but the Norks aren't going to give up their nukes and we're not leaving South Korea so nothing much will change.

Both governments will use it as a propaganda piece. Which is the whole point of the meeting anyway.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
That having been said, Trump is completely winging this whole summit, so the chance of "Death of Stalin"-style comedy options is pretty high.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Kim is gonna own Trump by improving diplomatic relations and moving towards peace. He's gonna have so much egg on his face when he's tricked into something with massive support from all sides except insane hawks and defense contractors.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
It's amazing that the absolute dumbest fucker is gonna improve the state of the world

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

coathat posted:

Kim is gonna own Trump by improving diplomatic relations and moving towards peace. He's gonna have so much egg on his face when he's tricked into something with massive support from all sides except insane hawks and defense contractors.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Probably nothing's gonna come of it because of the denuclearization issue. The US won't accept anything less and NK won't do it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Probably nothing's gonna come of it because of the denuclearization issue. The US won't accept anything less and NK won't do it

The US state/defense/intelligence apparatus might not, but Trump is dumb enough to let it slide. And that's a good thing

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
initial indications are "really, really rolled him," op

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

the republicans will fall in line, the dems cant do poo poo, the generals amd the intel people can get purged at will if they give the pres lip, shits gonna happen if donny wants it too.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Realistically the republicans will try to find everything they can to give themselves an out so they can effectively gut the deal once Trump is either out of office or stops caring. Like Schurmer did when he tried to gently caress with the Iran deal during the Obama admin.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

coathat posted:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

coathat posted:

dems being mad about this is hilarious. let the big orange retard do something decent by accident

coathat
May 21, 2007

Moon is going to have a higher approval rating than Kim soon.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Agean90 posted:

the republicans will fall in line, the dems cant do poo poo, the generals amd the intel people can get purged at will if they give the pres lip, shits gonna happen if donny wants it too.

Agnosticnixie posted:

Realistically the republicans will try to find everything they can to give themselves an out so they can effectively gut the deal once Trump is either out of office or stops caring. Like Schurmer did when he tried to gently caress with the Iran deal during the Obama admin.

Yeah Trump might fire some people, especially Bolton (I'd bet money on that) but the rest of the party has massive institutional power and are more or less united in wanting a denuclearized NK as bare minimum

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

the bitcoin of weed posted:

dems being mad about this is hilarious. let the big orange retard do something decent by accident

Rooting against a thaw in relations with NK to own the chuds

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Democrats wanting the Cold War back is the funniest thing in the world

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
nothing of substance can happen until the us agrees to remove its little human speed bump in sk

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

coathat posted:

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The insane Orientalism and how mad everyone is in the D&D thread reminds me why I should never read D&D

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Dreddout posted:

Democrats wanting the Cold War back is the funniest thing in the world

The fact that a ton of neocons joined the #resistance is a big indicator that dems will double down on any stupid foreign policy

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

kju continues being a gift to us all

when's he getting his peace price

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

qkkl posted:

nothing of substance can happen until the us agrees to remove its little human speed bump in sk

Removing the "plate glass wall" has some pretty broad implications should tensions rise again at a later time though.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Watch Trump Stop a War

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow looks like the op checked the gently caress out of his lovely thread

oh he has one of those trump thread scribble avatars must be some fuckin shitlib that needs to be banned

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Less than half a year ago they were seriously talking about a "bloody nose strike," and all the South Koreans had to do was massage Trump's ego and now he's willing to give up what the North Koreans have always wanted as a precondition for talks.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Idk what more people want, trump said the guy's gonna do all the stuff, they just didn't have time to write it down. Remember, kim started running a country @26 and he ran it tough. I think everything'll work out just fine, op.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• Locked thread