Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
That is bizarre. The big models are weird too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The bigger models is so confusing. Where did that change even come from??

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You need to be able to see the Warner IPs better! how are you going to recognize Bugs Bunny if he doesn't take up a quarter of the screen at all times?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
When the first round of Multiversus was out, I watched some streams and commented that it looked really floaty and weird, and people told me that despite that it felt really good to play. Maybe it's like that again?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Macaluso posted:

The bigger models is so confusing. Where did that change even come from??
Presumably the change to UE? Not sure why that would make the models larger though

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

XkyRauh posted:

When the first round of Multiversus was out, I watched some streams and commented that it looked really floaty and weird, and people told me that despite that it felt really good to play. Maybe it's like that again?

The floaty air physics actually did a lot to define the air to air combat as very positioning-heavy since most characters could move really well in the air, meaning you could do stuff like stall a moment to dodge while starting a big attack then drift in as the wind up ends, or radically change air momentum to bait attacks. It also affirmed the game's emphasis on off-stage play, since most characters could return to the stage with just jumps and dodges from almost anywhere, meaning you usually would have to go out after someone to make sure they died if they didn't hit a blast zone.

Basically it looked weird but was pretty fun in execution to mess with since in practice it meant that every character except Iron Giant felt pretty good in the air and still had offensive and defensive options up there, even if some like Garnet and T&J would still usually rather be on the ground. It feels really different in practice then, say, Brawl/4's floaty air physics that slowed everything down and limited the strength of air options and victimized anyone with a lacking air-speed.

Dunno what the relaunch is gonna feel like until it's in people's hands tho, being in a new engine and all.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Even Garnet had some incredible aerials- the big charged Nair that could meteor smash in two different directions was so satisfying when landed a double kill with it!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Multiversus hasn't shown off any new characters huh???

heh, I bet you feel real stupid now......

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Well they've certainly mastered the art of killing the hype for their product.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
I bet the entire leadup to relaunch is going to be them introducing all the 'new characters', aka everyone who is in the game already.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Multiversus stages were loving huge, making the characters bigger (or the stages smaller) makes some sense because it'll speed up the game by making getting kills a bit easier. Also means less times the camera zooms waaaaay out in 4 player matches to show everyone being a mile away from one another.

If they then also slowed gameplay down on top of that, though, that's stupid. I wonder if they'll do some kind of exhibition tournament on twitch before the relaunch? It'd help to see the game actually being played in a normal environment like that, to know what's going on.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Just blanket enlarging characters without taking a balance pass at the maps is gonna result in some lolworthy situations. Some maps have pits that bigger models are gonna make easier to grab the edges and escape from, and others have platforms that are going to be a lot easier for a cast of gigantos to dominate. Therefore I expect the maps to ship completely unchanged, complaints to roll in on twitter/reddit and then the maps clumsily patched a week later.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

They've put parrying in which is pretty neat!

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Multiversus hasn't shown off any new characters huh???

heh, I bet you feel real stupid now......

On my ps5, there's a news bubble for MV that shows, New Character: Shaggy.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They removed the “New” from the postings, lol.

This game is almost a month from launch, and we’ve gotten one official article on changes. And that was netcode, which is important and was a major complaint, but we’ve gotten maybe five total minutes of gameplay and changes were just people watching those video closely.

I have to assume they either have a hell of a marketing blitz approaching, or they blew the marketing budget on McDonald’s and NHL promotions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Gonna be last minute heres everything and also dlc announcement like the previous wb game have had terrible marketing until like last few weeks before release