Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Finally, proper Smash with items on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

aces story mode rn it's cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O-ZUXGcuWU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Oh cool I might actually get this game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

so I guess you need to be Mario?

also lmao they told Peach and Daisy to stay at home

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

an actual dog posted:

good news about super mario party: at the end of a co-op minigame you can hi-5 your partners through a joycon waggle

Did they show Super Mario Party? I wanted to see more of that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

raditts posted:

Did they show Super Mario Party? I wanted to see more of that.

They did. It looked pretty good!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

You get a choice between normal dice and a personalized dice for each character, like mario's is mostly 3s while bowser's has a 10 on it but some that also penalty faces that cost coins. Maps looked way smaller than I remember Mario Party looking like, which seems like a good call. Games were cute too.

Looks pretty promising!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Octopath traveller next up.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

an actual dog posted:

You get a choice between normal dice and a personalized dice for each character, like mario's is mostly 3s while bowser's has a 10 on it but some that also penalty faces that cost coins. Maps looked way smaller than I remember Mario Party looking like, which seems like a good call. Games were cute too.

Looks pretty promising!

In addition to this, dice have 6 sides rather than 10. Stars cost 10 each rather than 50. New items. Seemed to be at least 60 minigames, probably more as I don't have a screencap of the mini game mode. The mini games that use multiple Switches seemed like filler gimmicks, but that was probably for the best.

Looks awesome

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

In addition to this, dice have 6 sides rather than 10. Stars cost 10 each rather than 50. New items. Seemed to be at least 60 minigames, probably more as I don't have a screencap of the mini game mode. The mini games that use multiple Switches seemed like filler gimmicks, but that was probably for the best.

Looks awesome

Did they mention if multi-switch mode is an option, or required for 3-4 players?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow225 posted:

Seemed to be at least 60 minigames, probably more as I don't have a screencap of the mini game mode.

The press stuff says 80 new minigames, so there's at least 80 :toot:

It looks like good ol' Mario Party and I'm stoked.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

Did they mention if multi-switch mode is an option, or required for 3-4 players?

no you'll have to buy at least 3 Nintendo Switches to play Mario Party, sorry

(it's a separate game mode)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Your Computer posted:

no you'll have to buy at least 3 Nintendo Switches to play Mario Party, sorry

(it's a separate game mode)

Thanks. One would assume that, but I lived through the VBA link fiasco.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Your Computer posted:

The press stuff says 80 new minigames, so there's at least 80 :toot:

It looks like good ol' Mario Party and I'm stoked.

Did they do away with the car thing? I didn't mind it but internet people who have been destroying controllers on Mario Party since N64 seemed outraged about it.

I hope they still have Bowser Party with two switches. There are few more joyful things in this world then getting your kids and their friends / cousins together for Mario Party and mercilessly destroying them as Bowser.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

raditts posted:

Did they do away with the car thing? I didn't mind it but internet people who have been destroying controllers on Mario Party since N64 seemed outraged about it.

I hope they still have Bowser Party with two switches. There are few more joyful things in this world then getting your kids and their friends / cousins together for Mario Party and mercilessly destroying them as Bowser.

No car. But Bowser is a regular character this time, no Bowser mode

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

It's old Mario Party again, no car. Everyone moves separately and the maps have branching paths again.

Bowser is a playable character so I don't think there's any Bowser Party mode, whatever that is.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ha, looks like one of the Octopath characters' play style is "basically Pokemon"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Your Computer posted:

It's old Mario Party again, no car. Everyone moves separately and the maps have branching paths again.

Bowser is a playable character so I don't think there's any Bowser Party mode, whatever that is.

Bowser Party was a mode where four people play on the TV screen with wiimotes and one person plays on the gamepad as Bowser. The TV players try to survive to the end of the map and Bowser rolls to chase them (and sometimes gets to cheat and roll again if they don't roll high enough to catch them) and when he catches them you play a minigame where you play from Bowser's POV on the gamepad and try to kill the players. Guess I'll have to keep the Wii U around for that one.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

raditts posted:

Bowser Party was a mode where four people play on the TV screen with wiimotes and one person plays on the gamepad as Bowser. The TV players try to survive to the end of the map and Bowser rolls to chase them (and sometimes gets to cheat and roll again if they don't roll high enough to catch them) and when he catches them you play a minigame where you play from Bowser's POV on the gamepad and try to kill the players. Guess I'll have to keep the Wii U around for that one.

The difference between 10 and this is that Bowser this time around is an actual regular playable character.

Also, according to the Octopath guy, Olberic was the first created character of the eight playables.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Watching these clutch finishes on Splatoon challenges, I think I'm going to pull something from repeated fistpumps.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Daemon x Machina up next on treehouse!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
This looks like Splatoon 2 tutorial: part 2.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

raditts posted:

Ha, looks like one of the Octopath characters' play style is "basically Pokemon"

Thank you for informing me there is one character Ill never use

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Daemon x Machina up next on treehouse!

oh gently caress yea

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Thank you for informing me there is one character Ill never use

And for informing me there is a reason to get the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dr. Fetus posted:

This looks like Splatoon 2 tutorial: part 2.

It's more like Splatoon VR Missions

• Locked thread