Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It looks like Lucina and Dark Pit were downgraded to Costumes with the little E next to their number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
PIKACHU LIBRE

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Bleh. I was really hoping for more new character reveals than just Ridley (and I guess Daisy)

I mean we got back a ton of dudes I was expecting were gone for good like Snake etc.

Also weird only Daisy, Lucina and Dark Pit count as 'echo' characters when there's a bunch of other clones still on the roster?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

DizzyBum posted:

They've been distinguished enough from their mains that they're characters in their own right. Brawl was the game that started setting apart the former clones.

Lucina and Dark Pit were straight-up clones in Smash 4.

Pichu and Young Link tho.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Healbot posted:

Fall 2018, wasn't it?

Spring 2019

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Cactus posted:

I never played Smash so I can't really discern from watching it what separates it from any other fighting game, other than the insane roster that is.

the gently caress have you never played Smash?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Astro7x posted:

To put some perspective on it...
They added 15 fighters to Smash 4,

So far they've revealed
Ridley
Inklings
Daisy

We then got back that were missing from Smash 4
Ice Climbers
Ivysaur via Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Snake
Mewtwo
Pichu
Roy
Squirtle via Pokemon Trainer
Wolf
Young Link

So that's 13 more Characters than what was in Smash 4 with all the DLC.

I would expect a couple more new characters, but not 15 new characters.

So far we are up to 64 total characters.

N64 - 12
GCU - 26
Wii - 39
Wii U - 58
Switch - 64

They consolidated Lucina into Marth and Dark Pit into Pit in the roster counts too.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

lmao I can't get over how much I like Zelda's new design

I think its kinda bad tbh.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Euphoriaphone posted:

Is it just me or does this look like a fully fledged Pokemon game? I never played Pokemon Go so idk what that gameplay was like (beyond it just being a reskinned Ingress).

If this has 90% of the gameplay as the handheld Pokemon RPGs, could that mean the "true Pokemon RPG" Nintendo promised to unveil next year is going to be something more than Pokemon Sun and Moon but on Switch?

This lacks battling wild pokemon, online battling/trading and is limited to the original 151 pokemon. The new one is a new generation with presumably all those features intact and no shoehorned in Go-stype catching minigame.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

raditts posted:

Did they show Super Mario Party? I wanted to see more of that.

They did. It looked pretty good!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

raditts posted:

Did they do away with the car thing? I didn't mind it but internet people who have been destroying controllers on Mario Party since N64 seemed outraged about it.

I hope they still have Bowser Party with two switches. There are few more joyful things in this world then getting your kids and their friends / cousins together for Mario Party and mercilessly destroying them as Bowser.

No car. But Bowser is a regular character this time, no Bowser mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Thank you for informing me there is one character Ill never use

And for informing me there is a reason to get the game

• Locked thread