Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

I liked the way that blocked door worked out for that guy.
I assume he's programmed to succeed whenever you are up at the vent. But at some point he'd grab that axe and would actually get through the door that way.

But the way it played out here is that he tried to push or kick the door a few times, shot it a bunch. Then he grabbed the axe, but decided to try a regular push one last time first. Incidentally it worked that time. The axe transformed into his regular gun during that. I love that Kaubocks lauded the game for it's excellent timing with regards to that.

Yeah, I imagine if they had waited a few seconds, so that the animation for grabbing the axe had finished, that's how he suddenly would burst through the door when they got far enough to trigger him getting through.

It's a pretty neat way to handle it, and the players are likely to be too busy to notice anything other than him suddenly breaking through.

Hella love the triple-splitscreen though, just how the game handles the splitscreen in general. It's incredibly interesting and it's fun to see gamedevs willing to play around with the presentation like that.

(And like when the game suddenly went into a top-down, single camera during the chase at the construction site, too. )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

thorf posted:

What happens if the players don't agree on which approach to take? Do Leo and Vinny argue?

I don’t actually know, maybe it just doesn’t progress until we agree? We can check this out when we record the bonus update!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
hell yes, I just found out about this lp and there's already 10 videos

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

I liked the way that blocked door worked out for that guy.
I assume he's programmed to succeed whenever you are up at the vent. But at some point he'd grab that axe and would actually get through the door that way.

But the way it played out here is that he tried to push or kick the door a few times, shot it a bunch. Then he grabbed the axe, but decided to try a regular push one last time first. Incidentally it worked that time. The axe transformed into his regular gun during that. I love that Kaubocks lauded the game for it's excellent timing with regards to that.

in retrospect it's kinda easy to see the hard cut to him busting down the door so it's probably programmed to play right as we progress, but in the heat of the moment where all you're focusing on is your section of the screen it's pretty easy to miss :frogbon:

there's some more real cool timing poo poo coming later though

Garrand posted:

I did like the assassin just strutting down the hallway like the loving t1000, apparently not at all worried about the inevitably arriving police since he was just firing wildly in a public area.

in rewatching this i cannot believe i didn't comment on how he didn't bother trying to, you know, run to catch up

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

in rewatching this i cannot believe i didn't comment on how he didn't bother trying to, you know, run to catch up
Isn't that a horror trope? It doesn't matter that the villain is just walking or how much he gets blocked he always catches up. For example how he burst into the second room as soon as they got out of the vent.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Night10194 posted:

I love that everyone in this game is extremely stupid. Just an endless, fumbling comedy of errors and extra sheets and missing wrenches and bad choices.

This is totally unironic, the game is so much better for every single character being an idiot.
That was Harvey's best man! Really?! THAT was the best?

It's dumbasses all the way down, and it's perfect

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Look, it's a pre-Terminator 2 world, and Harvey hired the guy on how badass he looked.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fish Noise posted:

Harvey's business strategy is entirely 'shoot people who ask to be paid' so he doesn't attract top talent.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Everybody being loving stupid almost lends the game an extra layer of realism.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

My thoughts exactly.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fish Noise posted:

No, see, he was his best man at his wedding. An easy mistake to make.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
You know, it just occurred to me that Vinny's wife is, ya know, his age (i think the game said they were high school or college sweethearts) AKA middle aged and not at a good age to have kids which would be a good reason for him not to be super thrilled with the idea. I'm legit curious if the game will actually bring that up. I don't think it has yet, right?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe Vinny just has a narrow urethra.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Wow new episode! And time for the miracle of life! This game has everything! Also we finally establish a year for this game, it's 1969, nice as hell

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Aw, there was a Connect Four game in the lobby that you missed.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Wiseblood posted:

WHAT. Gracious hosts, please, you must record a special episode to show this off.

Also :eng101:, moon landings happened in '69, '71, and '72. Two each year. Leo's reaction kind of makes me think it wasn't the first. If we knew what month the game happened in, that would pin it down exactly.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

Vavrek posted:

WHAT. Gracious hosts, please, you must record a special episode to show this off.

Panzer Skank posted:

Is this LP informative or completionist? 100% LP?

Hellllllllllll no. We are dumb idiots who fuckin punched our way through this game. We missed a bunch of stuff. But don't worry!! We know we missed it. There's going to be bonus content at the end featuring all the things we waddled right past.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Surprised you didn't try shooting that fire extinguisher during the hostage-taking.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Leo gets all the cool action sequences. I want to see Vincent beat someone down with a lamp sometime.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can't believe it switched to a goddamn sidescrolling beat-em-up.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Leo gets Streets of Rage and Vinne gets Assassin's Creed. That doesn't seem fair.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

life isn't fair for dumpy dads

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

life isn't fair for dumpy dads

that should have been the name of this game

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Night10194 posted:

I can't believe it switched to a goddamn sidescrolling beat-em-up.
RTS segment in the endgame, or text adventure?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Yes.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

90s Cringe Rock posted:

What if you fight Harvey as a turn based Sprite jrpg.
I would just lost my poo poo

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Ace Combat vs a dragon in the skies over Japan. Not as a rhythm game, though, it's already done that.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Leo and Vincent break into Harvey's mansion, only to find everyone dead in increasingly unlikely circumstances, and a riddle that they have to solve to get some witch's gold... or something.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I mean they are going into unknown territory in mexico, so clearly one has to climb a radio tower to unlock the map while the other tags enemies through a binocular.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm rewatching the whole LP so far and I have to say this is almost my perfect ideal of an LP. Dumb and goofy enough to be fun but not super over the top (as much as I enjoyed your SR2 lp, it got... a bit much for me sometimes) and you're clearly enjoying yourselves even when things go wrong. You two are great.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Crack open this new episode! It's cool and refreshing! Time for us to gently caress around for like 15 minutes while the game constantly prods us to move the story forward!

If this episode seems weirdly cut, it's cause I wanted the upcoming sequence to be it's own thing. Trust me you will not be disappointed.

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 20, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I haven't even SEEN a parachute before! Are you even sure they exist?!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Leo is such a dingus and I love it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Parachutes are hard, just like other things in that position.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
drat Leo lost his gun(s?).

I wonder if the gun choice earlier affects what you have in the obvious up coming shooting section or if the game devs are going to be like " Harvy has a army size armory choose again because we didn't want Leo's thing to have consequences"

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Panzer Skank posted:

If this episode seems weirdly cut, it's cause I wanted the upcoming sequence to be it's own thing. Trust me you will not be disappointed.

Oh boy :neckbeard:

EDIT: Also, how did the foreman guy make it to where Harvey is in so short a time? Is it just taking these guys that long to plan their vengeance? What state was most of this in? If they were in Texas or California and Harvey's mansion is near the border why didn't they just drive? I know, logic, but are you telling me we were robbed of Crime Bromance Road Trip?

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 21, 2018

Kangra
May 7, 2012

We haven't really had a setting given yet, have we? The prison interior is clearly modeled on Alcatraz and I thought it might have been an alt-timeline version of that, but the surrounding terrain certainly doesn't fit. It kind of seems all over the place with a vague southwest feel (more like New Mexico/Arizona than Texas/California, somehow, though).

I want to know if there's a time limit on grenade bros., such that if you keep bouncing it to yourself it will blow up on you.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Also, since Harvey's mansion seems to be in a rainforested region, then it's probably located in the southern parts of Mexico (Oaxaca, Yucatán, Chiapas, etc.).

Basically this game seems to be all over the goddamn place geographically.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Camel Pimp posted:

Oh boy :neckbeard:

EDIT: Also, how did the foreman guy make it to where Harvey is in so short a time? Is it just taking these guys that long to plan their vengeance? What state was most of this in? If they were in Texas or California and Harvey's mansion is near the border why didn't they just drive? I know, logic, but are you telling me we were robbed of Crime Bromance Road Trip?

Even in the 70s there were border checkpoints, I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Okay good news, so the boys chose the perfect random spot in Mexico to parachute down bc they landed exactly on Crime Island.

• Locked thread