Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I'm glad we're finally getting the requisite y'all being bad at video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm glad Harvey had an entire crime palace.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Panzer Skank posted:

Okay good news, so the boys chose the perfect random spot in Mexico to parachute down bc they landed exactly on Crime Island.

Quoting for new page bc I can't count

Camel Pimp posted:

I'm glad we're finally getting the requisite y'all being bad at video games

Yall had to know it was coming. We are both so hopelessly lovely at everything we try to do lmao

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
But you're an award winning driver!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
got whiplash going from godlike sniper to that drat cellar door

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Cellar door was giving me Jessica Escaped flashbacks tbh.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Oh my god that slow motion murder of Harvey. How does this game just keep being amazing?

fake e: drat, I looked it up and if you go Vincent's route it's literally the exact same thing. I was really hoping he'd at least bring up his brother or something but nope.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I really hope that if you disagree on whose way you go, they make you play rock paper scissors over it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You can't hurt anyone at that door, but shooting at the door does draw fire from the guys behind it. So you can advance by having one player draw fire and one weave their way through the obstacles.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

You can't hurt anyone at that door, but shooting at the door does draw fire from the guys behind it. So you can advance by having one player draw fire and one weave their way through the obstacles.

this is neat but if true i'm gonna play the "bad game design" card because having a character say "we can't shoot them through that door" discourages you from trying!

the way the area is laid out makes sense for this to be the case though, since someone will need to remain in that area to shoot the explosive. maybe Leo says something less stupid? :iiam:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I mean, I'm not 100% certain, but it seemed to work for my friends when they played the game.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The door thing was the most intuitive possible solution. someone distracts, while some one else moves around to solve the 'puzzle'. It's what the game has been doing in other less gun related situations the entire time. The only conceit I guess is that I can understand if Kaubocks took 'we can't hurt them through the door' as meaning 'shooting at them is pointless' which isn't a hard mistake to make, but it also hints that you need to find a solution, rather than brute force the room with bullets. They could have made the lines for that clearer though

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jade Star posted:

The door thing was the most intuitive possible solution. someone distracts, while some one else moves around to solve the 'puzzle'. It's what the game has been doing in other less gun related situations the entire time. The only conceit I guess is that I can understand if Kaubocks took 'we can't hurt them through the door' as meaning 'shooting at them is pointless' which isn't a hard mistake to make, but it also hints that you need to find a solution, rather than brute force the room with bullets. They could have made the lines for that clearer though

The game could have made it clearer that they needed to find a little more oomph to get through instead of just running past it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jade Star posted:

The door thing was the most intuitive possible solution. someone distracts, while some one else moves around to solve the 'puzzle'.

Kaubocks posted:

this is neat but if true i'm gonna play the "bad game design" card because having a character say "we can't shoot them through that door" discourages you from trying!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

near every other situation in the game that they want you to split up for, they do it pretty much by force or explicit mechanics. vinny got the flashlight and didn't fall rear end-first in the sewage system. in the hitman shootout one person needs to stay behind to operate the cover for the other to shimmy across. both boys were in different areas and thus went in different chase routes throughout the hospital. in the mansion complex alone we got split up because a ladder physically broke under my dumpy dad weight.

if the distraction IS the ACTUAL intended way to do it and not just have one person luckily run by, then what they SHOULD have done is have a little cutscene where this was like a balcony that one dad was hopping over but the other got pinned down by gun door fire, forcing them to stay up there while the other person found a way through.

just putting us in a room and saying "hey you can't shoot that guy!" naturally gives us one option-- run past them. we had no way of knowing there was an objective on the other side of the room that only requires one person. we had no way of knowing the other side of the room would DESTROY the door; i thought we were going around it!

edit: or yea vv even that

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 27, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They coulda even just had one of them say "One of us should draw their fire while the other looks around for something we can use" or something.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Jade Star posted:

The door thing was the most intuitive possible solution. someone distracts, while some one else moves around to solve the 'puzzle'.

Kaubocks posted:

Jade Star posted:

I can understand if Kaubocks took 'we can't hurt them through the door' as meaning 'shooting at them is pointless' which isn't a hard mistake to make

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Time to wrap this poo poo up boys!! Last video time!!

Thank you guys so much for watching!!! We had a lot of fun making this LP. Due to our inability to do anything consistently, we don't have all the bonus footage recorded yet, so bonus videos will come on the next two Wednesdays! Hope ya'll enjoyed this silly game!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
all im saying about the door is that if this game suddenly turned into army of two with this poo poo i feel like we got cheated out of a butt2butt sequence

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

And now we know why the boys' harebrained prison break actually worked: because the cops were all in on it and just put enough effort into preventing it to look convincing.

Also, this game takes place in '72, as we can see from Leo's tombstone.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Now I can't help but wonder what happens if you press the Look At The Other Guy button during that cover sequence.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think one of the most interesting parts of this game was how totally earnest it was. The writing and acting are both pretty bad, but there's no winking at the camera, no 'intentionally bad' stuff. It's trying its hardest and it's hard not to like that.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Me, right before this episode: Hm, there really hasn't been any "twist in the third act" yet. Hm, I hope that the ending isn't them turning on each other.

...well.

But seriously, if nothing else, it's really cool mechanically. Turning a co-op experience competitive at the last part is pretty neat.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

Also, this game takes place in '72, as we can see from Leo's tombstone.

nothing can stop me from pretending this game took place canonically on 4/20/69

maybe leo just bled out for three years before finally kicking the bucket

Geemer posted:

Now I can't help but wonder what happens if you press the Look At The Other Guy button during that cover sequence.

our "view objective" button up to that point iirc had always been L2, so just like every modern shooter L2 in gun segments is just "zoom betterer"

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Well, time for the kid to pick up the crime slack. Gotta upgrade him to Crime Son. Good job, Kaubocks; that kid's gonna be so bad at crime without a dad to teach him how to break the law

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Thanks for the great LP!

You definitely bring out this game's charms. While it's definitely rough round the edges, you can tell the devs definitely poured their hearts into it. Hopefully they can refine it for A Way Out 2: Way Outer, starring Alex & Julia joining forces in the 90s.

Looking forward to the next Kaubocks/Panzer Skank coproduction!

C'mon, Life is Strange: Before The Storm...

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Actually, this just occured to me: I'm never played Majora's Mask, but does it end with it revealing that Epona is an undercover cop and then shooting Link?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
No MM ends with Link staying as Zora Link and having a cool band and a girlfriend(though he has fish babies too....).

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Panzer Skank posted:

Time to wrap this poo poo up boys!! Last video time!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AMAZZING

Panzer Skank posted:

so bonus videos will come on the next two Wednesdays!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Oh my god I cannot put into words how much I loved everything about everything here.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Camel Pimp posted:

Actually, this just occured to me: I'm never played Majora's Mask, but does it end with it revealing that Epona is an undercover cop and then shooting Link?

lmao ok so i have some explaining to do

it turned out once i got home and looked up what my friend had actually said, i am a dumbass. i asked panzer to edit that out but she refused because she likes to see me suffer. unfortunately for her i'm at least a dumbass with a justified reason for thinking what i thought.

in a discord server with myself and a few close friends, a couple of them were talking about (i think) Game Grumps. one of them posted this:

quote:

i didn't watch past the first 2 episodes of a way out because i assumed they'd get frustrated at having to pay attention to a game that has talking and story in it and give up after like 5 videos but they apparently finished it so maybe i'll get to it at some point
but otherwise i'm still current with them
even despite the majora's mask-ening

knowing i was soon about to go record this LP, as soon as i saw the words "a way out" i stopped reading to avoid being spoiled. however, out of the corner of my eye, i caught the final line... except in my haste to not read this post closely, i read it as "despite the majora's mask-ending"

and that's the story of why i'm the man i am today

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Too late that's how I'm going to chose to believe Majora's Mask ends

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The undercover cop is actually Skull Kid. The whole Majora's Mask thing was a sting that went really bad.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

i asked panzer to edit that out but she refused because she likes to see me suffer. unfortunately for her i'm at least a dumbass with a justified reason for thinking what i thought.

I literally only left it in bc 7 weeks ago the thought of posts like this crossed my brain and i got excited by the possibilities:

Camel Pimp posted:

fuckin lmao hell yes

Yvonmukluk posted:

C'mon, Life is Strange: Before The Storm...

God, christ, poo poo, I have been waffling back and forth on whether or not to lp that mess, but someone naming it directly is leaning me real hard towards Actually Doing It.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I respect the way they managed to disorient you at the start of each phase of the shootout so you can't tell where each other are even though you can obviously see each other's screens.
I wonder if you can resolve that scene peacefully. Just approach each other and choose not to shoot.

Of course, no co-op players will ever do that, so maybe they didn't bother to code the possibility in.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Panzer Skank posted:

God, christ, poo poo, I have been waffling back and forth on whether or not to lp that mess, but someone naming it directly is leaning me real hard towards Actually Doing It.

Do it

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
That final shootout was a work of beauty.

Trisask
Jul 29, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

our "view objective" button up to that point iirc had always been L2, so just like every modern shooter L2 in gun segments is just "zoom betterer"

My Only Objective Is Zoom - Let Crime Win In A Way Out!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love that Leo was such a glorious Crime Dad that he thought taking his murder partner hostage while surrounded by cops would work out in his favor.

In any way, shape, or form.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Crime won, in our hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
So, are you guys going to try and make the alternate ending boss fight look good, or is Kaubocks just going to stand in place so Panzer can shoot him (and maybe miss a few times, judging by how much she missed during the original)?

• Locked thread