Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
all cute animals should be proteccted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
go little dude, go go go

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

im a little confused why nobody called animal control for the 2 days this thing was sitting and dying of thirst on that other building's balcony or w/e it started at

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
What an ugly and useless city that poor thing is in. DO SOMETHING.

signed,
a Torontonian.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Right before he reaches the top he'll be shot by a hidden sniper and tumble to the street

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dolphin posted:

too dangerous??? send the loving window washers up with some water and some discarded poo poo from a wendy's dumpster!

heartless bastards

Honestly I bet $10 if that Racoon saw window washers coming for it it'd take a swan dive.

It's dangerous for both the raccoon and the people, but mostly the raccoon really.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking

Lutha Mahtin posted:

im a little confused why nobody called animal control for the 2 days this thing was sitting and dying of thirst on that other building's balcony or w/e it started at

If you lived someplace with those little bastards you would understand. City raccoons are loving pests. They literally crawl out of the sewers and wreak havoc nightly.

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here
I SWEAR TO GOD THAT I HAVE RABIES I WILL TEAR YOU ALL TO SHREDS ha ha just kidding little raccoon humor there

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

this raccoon is likely a lendary figure among his people and interrupting his hero quest could have dire consequences

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Skyscraper Raccoon posted:

I SWEAR TO GOD THAT I HAVE RABIES I WILL TEAR YOU ALL TO SHREDS ha ha just kidding little raccoon humor there

Haha ur goin for the 200k reg nice

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

NightshadeGenitals posted:

If you lived someplace with those little bastards you would understand. City raccoons are loving pests. They literally crawl out of the sewers and wreak havoc nightly.

did you miss my post like a few minutes ago where i said i live right by downtown and took a detour to see this furry hero?? also this little climber is p. clearly not a fat-rear end, drunk-on-fermented-garbage city raccoon

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

lmao nice

https://twitter.com/MprRaccoon/status/1006681715056742400

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lol the entire capital city of Minnesota has ground to a halt

https://twitter.com/timnelson_mpr/status/1006648290962755584

To be fair there isn't much going on there anyway.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Yossarian posted:

A crazy idea, but I THINK they make gloves for handling animals like this.

lol if you want to try grabbing a pissed off raccoon with some gloves on a rope ladder go for it buddy

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Iron Croissant 64 posted:

Why dont they just open every window on the next floor and grab it? We've got antibiotics and rabies treatments all day. LOOK AT THOSE PAWS! LOOK AT THAT FACE! He must be saved.

do you know what a rabies treatment entails? sorry but I would let any raccoon plummet to death sooner than go through that

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doctor Dogballs posted:

do you know what a rabies treatment entails? sorry but I would let any raccoon plummet to death sooner than go through that

Window don’t open either

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

oh dope posted:

To be fair there isn't much going on there anyway.

and it's after 5pm on a weeknight so rip raccoon buddy if you need any assistance before 9am tomorrow :(

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i was there last week it was pretty cool i guess. racoon is cooler tho

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

lol

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Doctor Dogballs posted:

A half dozen shots? Oh the humanity. Probably best to just die

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
possible outcomes for heroic intervention leading to the saving of the racoon's life:
1 - stupid thing lives out the rest of its natural life of 5 minutes in the wild
2 - placed in captivity. people complain how sad it is that this daredevil creature wound up in a cage

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
skyscraper raccoon for gbs ik, let him ravage gbs with rabies and tales of treasure from our dumpsters

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stay safe little guy....

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this is 'king kong' come to life, almost

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Mozi posted:

this is 'king kong' come to life, almost

fay wray is america’s hearts, and this raccoon is taking her all the way to the top

Iron Croissant 64
Jun 2, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Isnt it a bunch of painful shots (9?) directly in to the abdomen? Temporary pain is nothing compared to permanent animal death.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
usually if a rabid animal bites someone their head is cut off and their brain examined. the animal usually doesn’t survive the procedure.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

that goon stressing out about rabies is really dumb but there probably was some city bureaucrat irl today who had to run the actuarial numbers on "would this guy rescuing the raccoon get rabies, and if so, even with successful treatment, how much can he sue us for" which is probably the most banal office joke in the world rn

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Iron Croissant 64 posted:

Isnt it a bunch of painful shots (9?) directly in to the abdomen? Temporary pain is nothing compared to permanent animal death.

It’s not even that. Modern treatment amounts to a few IM shots that are about as agonizing as a flu-shot.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

usually if a rabid animal bites someone their head is cut off and their brain examined. the animal usually doesn’t survive the procedure.

So how many Minnesotans do we need to decapitate to prove the raccoon doesn't have rabies?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Sono posted:

So how many Minnesotans do we need to decapitate to prove the raccoon doesn't have rabies?

jesse ventura

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

that goon stressing out about rabies is really dumb but there probably was some city bureaucrat irl today who had to run the actuarial numbers on "would this guy rescuing the raccoon get rabies, and if so, even with successful treatment, how much can he sue us for" which is probably the most banal office joke in the world rn

Maybe even a state bureaucrat!

Iron Croissant 64
Jun 2, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Underwhelmed posted:

It’s not even that. Modern treatment amounts to a few IM shots that are about as agonizing as a flu-shot.

1000% worth an animals life. And im a hunter. What was that guy talking about? :)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

that raccoon is gonna freak out if a person drops down on a rope tho. i certainly would, regardless of whether i was a raccoon or a person or any other species sitting on a high ledge like that

imo the most cringey outcome is that everyone involved here ran the insurance numbers and decided against rescue. then the poor critter dies of thirst and slowly decomposes. yuck

i believe it's going to make it tho :)

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Dumbass animal's gonna die in agony and it doesn't matter. No-one actually gives a poo poo. Are any of you going to sit here and act like you'll feel anything at all once this loving retarded vermin starts weeping blood and swaying around deliriously before inevitably falling off the ledge to finally become the puddle of broken poo poo it was destined to be? gently caress no, you won't. You barely register the fact that thousands of human beings die of thirst or starvation, so what the gently caress kind of sick joke are you all pulling pretending that this evokes any kind of emotion in you? The most any of the sanctimonious idiots calling for a rescue or whatever you imagine inside those galaxy-sized brains that could be done for the poor little raccoon will ever honestly feel for that dumb animal would be disgust and bother at the inconvenience of having to step over its splattered remains, so how about you all take this fake pity and cram it right up your holier-than-thou asses.

gently caress raccoons. They're pests.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking

Lutha Mahtin posted:

did you miss my post like a few minutes ago where i said i live right by downtown and took a detour to see this furry hero?? also this little climber is p. clearly not a fat-rear end, drunk-on-fermented-garbage city raccoon

This little climber is an adolescent raccoon and hasn't had time to bulk up on dumpster juice. If he isn't a city raccoon then where exactly did it come from that would put it on a skyscraper in the middle of a city?

Use your brian, moran.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

KomodoWagon posted:

Dumbass animal's gonna die in agony and it doesn't matter. No-one actually gives a poo poo. Are any of you going to sit here and act like you'll feel anything at all once this loving retarded vermin starts weeping blood and swaying around deliriously before inevitably falling off the ledge to finally become the puddle of broken poo poo it was destined to be? gently caress no, you won't. You barely register the fact that thousands of human beings die of thirst or starvation, so what the gently caress kind of sick joke are you all pulling pretending that this evokes any kind of emotion in you? The most any of the sanctimonious idiots calling for a rescue or whatever you imagine inside those galaxy-sized brains that could be done for the poor little raccoon will ever honestly feel for that dumb animal would be disgust and bother at the inconvenience of having to step over its splattered remains, so how about you all take this fake pity and cram it right up your holier-than-thou asses.

gently caress raccoons. They're pests.

Wow ok Maddox, jeez.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

There's only two outcomes. Either it falls during the last few stories and turns into red paste on the sidewalk (to the horror of the watching crowd, and the thousands watching at home), or it starves to death on the window sill while again being broadcast live to thousands of people. Cathy the junior VP who was so excited to get an office with a view, now has a view of a dying animal, and now has to contend with SJW types doxxing her for not doing more to lower a cheeseburger on a rope to the starving woodland critter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Oh my god