Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They should lower one of those aromatically-baited live traps down from the roof and see if it hops in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
What's the Vegas odds on it reaching the top?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Perhaps they could cryogenically freeze the raccoon for future generations to save.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

KomodoWagon posted:

Dumbass animal's gonna die in agony and it doesn't matter. No-one actually gives a poo poo. Are any of you going to sit here and act like you'll feel anything at all once this loving retarded vermin starts weeping blood and swaying around deliriously before inevitably falling off the ledge to finally become the puddle of broken poo poo it was destined to be? gently caress no, you won't. You barely register the fact that thousands of human beings die of thirst or starvation, so what the gently caress kind of sick joke are you all pulling pretending that this evokes any kind of emotion in you? The most any of the sanctimonious idiots calling for a rescue or whatever you imagine inside those galaxy-sized brains that could be done for the poor little raccoon will ever honestly feel for that dumb animal would be disgust and bother at the inconvenience of having to step over its splattered remains, so how about you all take this fake pity and cram it right up your holier-than-thou asses.

gently caress raccoons. They're pests.

I wish it were you up there instead of him

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

If the city of toronto had spent 6 million on making that skyscraper racoon proof it would have already been dismantled into rubble by now.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm assuming they can't open the windows on the skyscraper because it's St. Paul and everyone would be jumping to end their lovely lives.

So, someone should just run at the window and scare that little raccoon so it jumps off on it's own.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This is a good thread. Dead racoon or not.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

KomodoWagon posted:

Dumbass animal's gonna die in agony and it doesn't matter. No-one actually gives a poo poo. Are any of you going to sit here and act like you'll feel anything at all once this loving retarded vermin starts weeping blood and swaying around deliriously before inevitably falling off the ledge to finally become the puddle of broken poo poo it was destined to be? gently caress no, you won't. You barely register the fact that thousands of human beings die of thirst or starvation, so what the gently caress kind of sick joke are you all pulling pretending that this evokes any kind of emotion in you? The most any of the sanctimonious idiots calling for a rescue or whatever you imagine inside those galaxy-sized brains that could be done for the poor little raccoon will ever honestly feel for that dumb animal would be disgust and bother at the inconvenience of having to step over its splattered remains, so how about you all take this fake pity and cram it right up your holier-than-thou asses.

:radcat:

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

PyPy posted:

What's the Vegas odds on it reaching the top?

I can't find the answer to this on internet. Toxx that the racoon wont make it to the top.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/BestPixMN/status/1006724988626489344?s=19

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

NightshadeGenitals posted:

If he isn't a city raccoon then where exactly did it come from that would put it on a skyscraper in the middle of a city?

perhaps the many state/national parks and nature preserves within raccoon distance of downtown saint Paul. i mean I've lived my entire adult life less than 10 miles from this building so clearly i have no insight on this matter :(

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Those people look really nice.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

KomodoWagon posted:

OK who invited this guy to the party?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's pretty good at climbing

https://twitter.com/TheJohnnyVince/status/1006627623265546240

people have been using #mprraccoon on twitter about it. live stream here:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/channel/324-live/

I dont see the raccoon or the skyscraper

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here
I caught and ate a pigeon, you're welcome St. Paul

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A 20 floor office building, getting classified as a skyscraper.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so what happened ?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Chinatown posted:

so what happened ?

I regret to inform you that spidercoon is racist

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking

Lutha Mahtin posted:

perhaps the many state/national parks and nature preserves within raccoon distance of downtown saint Paul. i mean I've lived my entire adult life less than 10 miles from this building so clearly i have no insight on this matter :(

A raccoons home range spans one mile. He is smack dab in the middle of the city. This is a sewer coon. I get that doesn't matter to you and you just see a poor little creature in a poo poo situation but I have been dealing with these little shitbirds for 6 years and every time I catch them in a bad situation like this it's always their own fault. These things die all the time based on their own poor decisions and if it was possible to pull him out of it I am sure it would've been attempted, but like many people have pointed out he is going to freak as soon as any perceived danger nears and likely just belly flop. They are one of those animals just smart enough to constantly get in trouble.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Former DILF posted:

I regret to inform you that spidercoon is racist

hulk hogan is too and i dont care. go raccoon

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

LOL at the thought of sending someone from MPR to get me I will hump those dudes just watch me

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Skyscraper Raccoon posted:

LOL at the thought of sending someone from MPR to get me I will hump those dudes just watch me

lol

my grandmother would love your gimmick

shes dead, like your gimmick

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Just play my manifesto over the air and I'll leave the studio alone

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

That raccoon looks cute but it would kill you and everyone you love if given half a chance.

naem
May 29, 2011

Cut a hole in the window and let him in

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Please give racoon updates

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Call Your Grandma posted:

That raccoon looks cute but it would kill you and everyone you love if given half a churro.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

KomodoWagon posted:

I hope you find peace.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

A raccoons home range spans one mile. He is smack dab in the middle of the city.

your dumbass picture includes the multiple parks and nature preserves i was talking about. it's unfortunate for an animal to dehydrate for like 2 days and go nuts climbing a thing but this has no bearing on the fact that you're a moron who fails basic geometry. you have no actual interest in this geographical area or even science in general and thus perhaps you should piss off because you're embarrassing yourself really bad

thanks for quoting Wikipedia re raccoon behavior btw. very enlightening

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Lutha Mahtin posted:

your dumbass picture includes the multiple parks and nature preserves i was talking about. it's unfortunate for an animal to dehydrate for like 2 days and go nuts climbing a thing but this has no bearing on the fact that you're a moron who fails basic geometry. you have no actual interest in this geographical area or even science in general and thus perhaps you should piss off because you're embarrassing yourself really bad

thanks for quoting Wikipedia re raccoon behavior btw. very enlightening

No need to get all huffy. I know more about these idiot animals than I ever cared to after moving to a city infested with their dumb asses. FYI a park in the middle of a city is still a city park no matter how you gussy it up and I can guarantee those idiots aren't foraging in the foliage.

Raccoons die stupid deaths all the time except this one made it on the tweeters. RIP idiot animal.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
lots of raccoon opinions itt but only one raccoon climbing a building to suicide for the cause

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

FYI a park in the middle of a city is still a city park no matter how you gussy it up

almost the entirety of the Minnesota and Mississippi rivers are protected parkland throughout all of the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metro area. you idiot. you total moron. the river is right loving there. i have hiked and biked extensively through this area, for over a decade, and encountered much more wildlife than a single common raccoon. your flailing here is seriously embarrassing :ughh:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

No need to get all huffy. I know more about these idiot animals than I ever cared to after moving to a city infested with their dumb asses. FYI a park in the middle of a city is still a city park no matter how you gussy it up and I can guarantee those idiots aren't foraging in the foliage.

Raccoons die stupid deaths all the time except this one made it on the tweeters. RIP idiot animal.
What overrun-with-raccoons nightmare city do you live in?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Johnny Walker posted:

the answer is always Detroit

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

quit being a sourpuss in this glorious thread

hail our american hero

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Zombie City.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

WatermelonGun posted:

quit being a sourpuss in this glorious thread

hail our american hero

Yeah good point. I just really really hate raccoons. I'll stop flailing around about the diverse wilderness that is Minneapolis-St. Paul. ;-*

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i mean we definitely do have a zillion hellbeast fatty raccooons all over the place. when i was a drunk undergrad student i would be stumbling home and see those shining eyes in an alley or even from inside the sewer and suddenly oh hello i could probably kill you there, nice human

my dumb rear end opinion though is that this lil buddy wandered into downtown and couldn't make heads or tails of the urban raccoon economy

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I've lived in the country and lived in the city and have never had a bad raccoon experience, I have sat down and rolled a bottle towards a raccoon and it rolled the bottle back and we did that for a couple minutes. Raccoons are good and pure and I want this raccoon to live.

Possums are awful though and can go away. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Debunk This! posted:

I hope you find peace.

That image is of a tanuki not a raccoon you baka gaijin

Also raccoons are an absolute nightmare. Anyone who thinks they're cute and cuddly has never had to deal with one camping your trash, or scaring your cats, or jumping in front of your car like it wants to end it all, or just being an overall gigantic pain in the rear end. Not as bad as opossums, but close.