Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I never actually saw a raccoon but it's one of my favorite animals, little goofy comedy thieves. Can't understand how can anyone hate them funny buggers

I also like opossums and those I know, I have some living in my roof. They are pretty ugly but adorable all the same

These are my opinions on the subject, thank you

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Clawtopsy posted:

a zoo should make a smart play and make an enclosure for him with a model apartment building to scale to his hearts content

as if any cage could hold him.. :madmax:

unless it had a roof

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Also: just open a goddamn window

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Elias_Maluco posted:

I never actually saw a raccoon but it's one of my favorite animals, little goofy comedy thieves. Can't understand how can anyone hate them funny buggers

I also like opossums and those I know, I have some living in my roof. They are pretty ugly but adorable all the same

These are my opinions on the subject, thank you

Opossums are loving adorable. My grandmother once found a couple of baby ones beneath their deck and they were the cutest little fuckers for being so god damned ugly. They sure do hiss a lot and smell tho.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Hey, the little fucker made it. That's a cool way to start my day.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I already believed. It's another blessed day here in America

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
They should give him a permanent home up there.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

oh dope posted:

Hey, the little fucker made it. That's a cool way to start my day.

I just saw he got to the roof. Was he captured?

edit:

Twelve Batmans posted:

Opossums are loving adorable. My grandmother once found a couple of baby ones beneath their deck and they were the cutest little fuckers for being so god damned ugly. They sure do hiss a lot and smell tho.

I found an opossum child too once. Little cute ugly critter was pretty scared of my cats and was just frozen there with his mouth open and smelling like a dead rat. Smart thopugh, if he tried to run for it the cats would have killed him, probably

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 13, 2018

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Buildings up here are pressurized somewhat to heat/cool them and the windows don’t open in anything that tall in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Elias_Maluco posted:

I just saw he got to the roof. Was he captured?

I heard there were live traps with food and water waiting for him up top. Hopefully it's just a simple rerelease.

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here
Skyrat to Sewerbase: scale complete, headed to air ducts. Viva la Revolucion. Over and out.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

oh dope posted:

I heard there were live traps with food and water waiting for him up top. Hopefully it's just a simple rerelease.

What happens when they release him in some park and he tries to return to his home... at the top of the skyscraper?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
his training is complete. hes now mentally and physically ready to fight the russian raccoon

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
The raccoon should get a job in the fire department and a green card imo

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

his training is complete. hes now mentally and physically ready to fight the russian raccoon

There is either a sweet children's book about this event or a highly obnoxious Dreamworks movie about this event and I'm not sure which is more likely

Probably both

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

KomodoWagon posted:

Dumbass animal's gonna die in agony and it doesn't matter. No-one actually gives a poo poo. Are any of you going to sit here and act like you'll feel anything at all once this loving retarded vermin starts weeping blood and swaying around deliriously before inevitably falling off the ledge to finally become the puddle of broken poo poo it was destined to be? gently caress no, you won't. You barely register the fact that thousands of human beings die of thirst or starvation, so what the gently caress kind of sick joke are you all pulling pretending that this evokes any kind of emotion in you? The most any of the sanctimonious idiots calling for a rescue or whatever you imagine inside those galaxy-sized brains that could be done for the poor little raccoon will ever honestly feel for that dumb animal would be disgust and bother at the inconvenience of having to step over its splattered remains, so how about you all take this fake pity and cram it right up your holier-than-thou asses.

gently caress raccoons. They're pests.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Well don't you look like an even bigger rear end in a top hat now. And less accomplished than a raccoon to boot.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Blazing Ownager posted:

There is either a sweet children's book about this event or a highly obnoxious Dreamworks movie about this event and I'm not sure which is more likely

Probably both

a subplot in the new season of fargo

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

twitter is saying building management has confirmed that the masked hero has been successfully trapped

e;https://www.npr.org/2018/06/13/619491657/raccoon-is-trapped-in-minnesota-after-capturing-fans-worldwide

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 13, 2018

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

free hubcaps posted:

twitter is saying building management has confirmed that the masked hero has been successfully trapped

e;https://www.npr.org/2018/06/13/619491657/raccoon-is-trapped-in-minnesota-after-capturing-fans-worldwide

Nooooooo

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
How can anyone not love this fellow

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
oops

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://twitter.com/alicialewisKARE/status/1006827600277397504

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Elias_Maluco posted:

Also: just open a goddamn window

the windows are un-openable, like with most office buildings. Because people would literally just be killing themselvs all day 'no not another spreadsheet ahh' *hurls self out 12th story*

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
This goes out to all the losers and haters- he did it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
all im saying is if he wasnt climbing that building with the intent to commit crimes im sure he has nothing to worry about

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So are authorities now spending resources on rescuing and rereleasing this pest so it can go out and eat trash, make a mess and poo poo everywhere and possibly give someone's kid rabies, all in the name of making gawking hypocrites feel warm and fuzzy? I'm glad you all had the strength of compassion to care deeply about a furry piece of diseased poo poo while ignoring the suffering of actual human beings.

"No, you loving lazy drunk, I don't have a dollar. Get a job you piece of poo poo before I get a cop to break your loving arms you loser gently caress- oh my god a raccoon's stuck on a windowsill!"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

KomodoWagon posted:

So are authorities now spending resources on rescuing and rereleasing this pest so it can go out and eat trash, make a mess and poo poo everywhere and possibly give someone's kid rabies, all in the name of making gawking hypocrites feel warm and fuzzy? I'm glad you all had the strength of compassion to care deeply about a furry piece of diseased poo poo while ignoring the suffering of actual human beings.

"No, you loving lazy drunk, I don't have a dollar. Get a job you piece of poo poo before I get a cop to break your loving arms you loser gently caress- oh my god a raccoon's stuck on a windowsill!"

you're not as cute as the raccoon, but you certainly are precious :allears:

edit: lmaoooooooooo already probated

since I won't get a chance might as well ask this now for when you're off probie: what's it like to be less loved than a raccoon?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Guardian of the Galaxy

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

KomodoWagon posted:

Yes

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

KomodoWagon posted:

As we all know, it's impossible to care about more than one thing at once. Why, if I help a lost puppy be reunited with its owner I might as well become an ICE agent and tear crying children from the arms of their parents, because it's clear I value the lives of lost puppies above those of humans.

Stay safe, sky raccoon.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

KomodoWagon posted:

I'm sorry but you need to scale a building before you're allowed to talk about the raccoon.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

KomodoWagon posted:

I have a feeling there is more behind all this hatred for raccoons. What is the origin story? Let’s speculate given our friend here will be tied up in probation for a little while and we won’t know the truth for some time.

My theory. While in grade school, he was victim to a sexual assault by the school janitor Larry, who trapped him in a closet for days. Statewide search for the missing boy ensued but to no avail. Larry was an avid furry, and you guessed it, a raccoon was his choosen identity, not so much because Larry like raccoons, but more so because the school mascot was a raccoon and it was part of Larry’s job to wear the uniform at school functions. For weeks he was victimized by Larry while he was wearing school mascot outfit. He only escaped because Larry suffered a massive stroke while in the act.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ubs_plaza/status/1006876321346211840

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Well_Regulated_/status/1006901397172858880

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

KomodoWagon posted:

You support Trump. Please leave your mindless idiocy somewhere else. This is skyscraper raccoon is awesome thread.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

:lol:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmfao at melting down over a raccoon climbing a building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
A random raccoon is climbing a building.
Why is he climbing a building?

To hug the building
To envelop that building

He wants to make love to the building