Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

that's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

A story in three acts.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Bo-Pepper posted:

A story in three acts.

nice :)

can't wait for the sheep and wool festival this year

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
baby robin update: all grown up and flew the nest:

since there's no more baby robin pics have a picture of the river from todays dog walk:

Manifisto

this couple was nice enough to come by and say hi around sunset this evening

Good Sphere

saw this one on a walk and i was like “woah! hey”

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
oh hells yeah people posted in the thread again! i thought it was dead :)

Manifisto posted:

this couple was nice enough to come by and say hi around sunset this evening

nice shot

Good Sphere posted:

saw this one on a walk and i was like “woah! hey”

love the turkey brothers and sisters out there! last year there was a mom turkey who only had one baby left and the two of them went everywhere together, she was super protective and thankfully after this winter the baby if full grown and they still pop in now and then to say hi

a swing the hound and i saw on our walk today. the message for those of you who can't read it "this is a terrible swing, pls don't try, use as an arm rest, feel free to fix, :love: s+r"

and one of the baby robins still hanging out in and around the bush where it was born, taken a week ago but not posted because i honestly thought the thread was dead and i was the only one still posting in it.

Manifisto

it's a good thread, like many byob threads it may get posted in sporadically instead of routinely but that's fine

did you try the swing???

here are some wild blewbs that will hopefully ripen up in a few weeks :yum:

I saw a snek nearby but snek was too quick to be photo'd

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

it's a good thread, like many byob threads it may get posted in sporadically instead of routinely but that's fine

did you try the swing???

here are some wild blewbs that will hopefully ripen up in a few weeks :yum:

I saw a snek nearby but snek was too quick to be photo'd

lol, the swing looked like it was made from some cheap particle board and it's attached to a thin pine branch over a precarious cliff going down to a beach. i'm 6'3" and 205lbs so i have a feeling if i tried it things would not have ended well and it would have been my fault since there was a clear warning. i will try it tomorrow though just to make sure.

also here is a close up of my blueberry bushes:

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

also here is a close up of my blueberry bushes:

nice, yours look a little further along, I think you're somewhat south of me so that makes sense

Luvcow posted:

i will try it tomorrow though just to make sure.

:ohdear: stay safe, maybe use some harsh language on it first and see if it holds up

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

nice, yours look a little further along, I think you're somewhat south of me so that makes sense

south of boston on the coast, they're big healthy highbush blueberries and they take a bit to ripen but once they do they're amazing (if you can get them before the birds do). i stopped putting nets on them a few years back because we lost a few birds after they got caught in the nets and i would much rather have live birds than copious amounts of blueberries. we also have tons of wild blueberries around here so there's never a shortage anyways.

City of Glompton

i will post in this thread later this weekend & next week. i'm doing a staycation. i'm going to float the river next week and i will (carefully) try to get some pictures from that :) plus i will be going to a state park that i've never been to before, and the botanical gardens that i have been to before.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

not ready

a good dog. I get to chill with her at work.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

not ready posted:

a good dog. I get to chill with her at work.

sweet pupper :)

City of Glompton posted:

i will post in this thread later this weekend & next week. i'm doing a staycation. i'm going to float the river next week and i will (carefully) try to get some pictures from that :) plus i will be going to a state park that i've never been to before, and the botanical gardens that i have been to before.

nice! i spent all day paddling/floating down a river today and will the next two days as well

came upon these two guys early on today, more proof why you shouldn't let cormorants take your boat out:

and the view from the island i was on looking out towards an even smaller island up river:

and finally some wild blueberries, some of which are already turning blue:

City of Glompton

went to the botanical gardens and the old penitentiary today; they're right next to each other

the english garden (my favorite part, sometimes there's bunnies!)

the old pen walls

the cat was 'smuggled in' but you know everyone knew about, and loved, that cat

lol

the old pen houses an impressive weapons collection including these rapiers

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 2, 2018

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

City of Glompton posted:

went to the botanical gardens and the old penitentiary today; they're right next to each other

:love:

Manifisto

those are some wonderful pictures glompton (love the lizard) but holy h*ck that's totally an art painting of a head with sunglasses in the peeling paint

pareidolia ftw

City of Glompton

yeah manifisto i can't unsee it now :wth:

we floated the river today

saw a few mother duckies with babies, here's one

here's an accidental picture but i like it

and a bonus spiderweb from my deck last week

WindmillSlayer

smoke a joint

WindmillSlayer

WindmillSlayer posted:

smoke a joint

wait sorry i thought this was one of luvcows adventure threads

WindmillSlayer

hell, smoke a joint anyway. u deserve it, all of u.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

WindmillSlayer posted:

wait sorry i thought this was one of luvcows adventure threads

:(

well at least someone posted in the thread, thank you for that

WindmillSlayer

Luvcow posted:

:(

well at least someone posted in the thread, thank you for that

would it make u happy if i took a picture of the tree outside my house and posted it ?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

WindmillSlayer posted:

would it make u happy if i took a picture of the tree outside my house and posted it ?

yes, yes it would

Manifisto

WindmillSlayer posted:

it would make me happy, pls post the tree

WindmillSlayer

ok. be back in twenty minutes or so

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

WindmillSlayer posted:

ok. be back in twenty minutes or so

WAIT!!!!!

what... what type of tree is it?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i'm going to go out on a limb and assume there will be no follow up tree picture so i'll close this thread and just imagine it was beautiful tree (all trees are beautiful btw), seems like a good note to end on. please go outside and enjoy nature everyone and thank you miss windmill for the beautiful tree photo.

edit:

ok apparently i was a dick and windmill slayer actually did post the tree so here it is:

Luvcow fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 5, 2018

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
safari has been reopened for a few more days with added picture of a tree i thought wasn't going to be posted

safari away good people!

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

safari has been reopened for a few more days with added picture of a tree i thought wasn't going to be posted

safari away good people!

question, are surfin' safaris acceptable? this is important

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

question, are surfin' safaris acceptable? this is important

yes, they actually earn double reward points!

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

yes, they actually earn double reward points!

brb gotta learn to surf

Manifisto

srs tho in a weekish I may have something p interesting to photo

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

srs tho in a weekish I may have something p interesting to photo

i wish i'd been able to get a pic yesterday because there were 6 huge ospreys flying low over my parents house. their neighbors put up an osprey nesting platform out in the marsh and they're everywhere now but never have i seen 6 all flying together. i tried shooting some phone photos, which sucked, and by the time i got a decent camera out they were gone.

:shrug:

alnilam

check out this cool rose maple moth i saw

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

check out this cool rose maple moth i saw

well at least it's in the right place now

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

I don't think a metal doorway is the right place for it :ohdear:

FluffieDuckie

this morning i went out to get you some kick rear end cali animal pictures.

it did not go as planned. i climbed into the hills but it seems some teenager cross country running team or something got there before me. they were insanely loud and chased all the critters away. so i went away from them and was surrounded by groups of soccer moms loudly gossiping and scaring the wildlife away.

I saw 22 dogs and i took this picture to prove I was there

then i turned back discouraged when bam this dude and his family walked right across my path

so that was cool, but yeah, somehow people have discovered my little quiet place and it kind of sucks

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
thank you fluffie. some of my quiet little places have also been found out and while its nice knowing people enjoy them it sucks seeing them trashed with empties and broken bottles. i would like to know more about these 22 dogs, were they all together in a group? in two groups of 11 like a soccer team, or two dog soccer teams playing dog soccer?

also that turkey looks chill, i'm guessing he smokes lots of weed since its california

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

thank you fluffie. some of my quiet little places have also been found out and while its nice knowing people enjoy them it sucks seeing them trashed with empties and broken bottles.

:agreed: when that happens to spots of mine i have to remind myself that the spot doesn't belong to me and i should be glad others are enjoying it

but if you litter all bets are off :mad:

• Locked thread