Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So who all is written off? Hernandez didn't need it so the arm break is kinda weird. I assume Marty's gone. Either Mariposa is already gone or she's already checked herself out mentally because yeah. Angelico is gone. Fox hasn't changed his twitter away from Dante so I feel like his absence might be a story thing rather than a quitting thing?
Just to include them for the "well, duh" category: Sexy, Puma, probably Rey unless he does a per appearance thing.

Going by the trailer though, it seems like they still have stuff in mind for Marty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm the pepperoni slice laying in the ring the entire match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I just read AR Fox said he missed the first taping due to some travel issues, so he won't be around until later in the season, but he's not gone!

I'm glad they changed Vibora's mask for Austin Matelson's sake. The long dino-snout one he had last season looked like a nightmare to wrestle in.

\/\/\/ I was thinking more along the lines of seeing well over a giant central beak, but yeah, didn't look easy to breathe in either.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 15, 2018

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Writer Cath posted:

Mrs. Cueto is also played by Dario.
Jeff Cobb debuts in LU under his real name, then Matanza unmasks and he's also been Dario the whole time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

LupusAter posted:

A fake corpse wouldn't be that farfetched, to be fair.
All we need now is a segment where someone wearing a Matanza mask says "I finally did it, Dario. I screwed your brains out."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah the in-ring lighting is distracting. Like every match is a Sin Cara match.

That's it exactly, it's yellowish tint in the ring with blue on the crowd. I'm wondering if it's literally just Chavo making an extended Sin Cara joke.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Look, it's the face he made when he won the WHC.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I want more comic tie-ins. Writing off Big Ryck between seasons by having his skull harvested by the Disciples of Death for Mil's murderthrone was exactly the kind of cheesy bullshit I love about this show.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I actually really like this season. They've ramped up the cinematic campiness like crazy, it feels like they've got some production budget, all the belts have compelling angles, and the stable feuds are fun as hell. Sure, seasons 1-3 had a different feel, but this feels like they're evolving and finding their momentum as both a promotion and a corny-rear end weirdo TV show instead of retaining status quo.

Also I love that Big Ryck's death in the comics was canon, and that Mil really did harvest his skull.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 24, 2018

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nice to see an MNM (minus an M) reunion.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously? To me it's come off more like Fenix's or Azteca's or Matanza's or even Johnny's so far. Almost literally every major character on the show has felt more focused on to me than Pentagon. With Pentagon the title defenses have felt more like a formality. Maybe that's a function of the fact that Pentagon rarely cuts any promos, but like, Pentagon has felt like a fixture, yes, but not really a focus. And before you go thinking that this contradicts my complaint, my problem isn't with the story, it's with the other subject and how it's being told. I don't buy Marty as a top level threat at all, and the whole thing feels unbelievably shoehorned, so if it's supposed to be the main thrust of the show it's doing a lovely job.
I both agree and disagree. One one hand, that's kind of always been the problem with fighting champion angles in wrestling: The champ's whole deal becomes "fights on show" and little else, maybe an occasional "I'll take on all comers" promo like Azteca was doing, but otherwise it's just a sitting position. The chase is always more interesting. Penta's reign also becomes more glaringly a non-focus because this season is loving bonkers so far, yet he's one of the few top guys who doesn't have a weird-rear end mysticism angle surrounding him. They've made him a Stone Cold in a room full of peak-cornball 90s Undertakers.

On the other hand, honestly I kinda love that one night can upend the entire status quo with a midcarder out of nowhere. It's such a Lucha Underground thing to do.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
WTF, did Matt Striker drop a QAnon reference in the middle of the Rabbit Tribe's entrance?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I can't tell whether Reklusa is the best name or the worst name.

Mariposa relentlessly chucking chairs at Marty was amazing and I need several gifs of it please.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 5, 2018

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Someone please get a gif of the cameraman getting hit and somersaulting out of it to get back up and keep filming. That was great.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If there's one thing that's been fun about Hernandez over the years, it's watching his increasingly poor tattoo decisions.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

frankenfreak posted:

At least he realized or someone told him since he's wearing a shirt on Impact.

And LU should stop putting the nutcracker sound over Strong breaking ankles. It's super fake and silly to the point of breaking suspension of disbelief.
Aerostar just stole an immortal woman's soul and traveled through time to resurrect his dead friend with it who is now an evil zombie, but some foley of a celery stalk breaks your immersion.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Maxwell Lord posted:

And now Johnny Mundo has the Power Glove.

It's moments like these that make me forgive everything with this promotion.
Not just that, he has LIGHTNING ABS!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Possible hot take: Jake Strong is so loving boring.
If they follow up on him possibly being possessed by an evil entity like they implied last week, I'd be into it. As he is right now without a gimmick though, dude is :geno: personified.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Jesus Christ, Fox got killed twice that episode by half-assed catches. I can't believe that springboard reverse shooting star to the outside plopped him right in a dead zone of six people where he just sort of flopped to the ground without any support.

It looked like he landed directly on his tailbone with that balcony flip. I wonder how much of that was selling. :gonk:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah dude it's Halloween.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

God. drat.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Also does Swerve leaving LU signal a move to the Fed?
He dropped the Evolve title recently too, and that's been their farm league lately. I wouldn't be surprised.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
WAY BARRAH in Lucha Underground! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
-Do we know that the skeleton samurai is named Hexagon Dark or is that just what people are calling him? I don't remember them naming him. Anyone know who he is?

-Johnny giving up the gauntlet because "nobody possesses this perfect body but ME" is the most Johnny reason ever to give up ultimate godlike powers.

-Looks like Reklusa's run was short and sweet. She didn't get to do much, but good for her for getting signed.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I did it, I marked! Partly because I saw the crooked ears of the silhouette and thought it was friggin' Ryback.
Hahaha that's so weird, before he started speaking in his Manc accent, my first thought was Ryback too. I have no idea why.