Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LU isn't even a real wrestling company so I don't see how they could enforce those contracts. But most wrestling companies don't have the resources or the interest in fighting a legal battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Senator Giroux posted:

Well, luckily for LU they have plenty of wrestlers who legally are required to be there, whether they want to work there or not.

which always makes for great matches

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sam Adonis's only redeeming quality is he isn't as much of a steaming pile of stupid as his brother.

Which this makes me wonder, how did Marty end up with physical possession of the belt?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bad commentary, bad camerawork during the matches, its kinda all kinda poo poo but the pretapes are usually insanely well done.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maxwell Lord posted:

Honestly I recall less of a decline in quality than it just being harder to pay attention to because it was obvious their fate was sealed and also they burned through pretty much all the goodwill they had when it came out they were leaving all their wrestlers on the hook waiting for possible renewal.

It was a good idea for a wrestling show, if only they’d had a business plan behind it.

I think they were really banking on Season 1 really going places, business-wise. There were tons of problems with even that season. Canned/heavily edited wrestling always does poorly. When your opening match of your first episode is Chavo Guerrero and I can't remember, that really damped a lot of channel flickers interest.