Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I took my 5 year old today to see it. I’m not going to dissect it. It was fun. It felt a little samey in some of the broader strokes, but it was good. My only complaint is that Bob and Helen ( but moreso Helen) sound like they are old as gently caress. Helen is crazy raspy and has what sounds like denture-lisp. Bothered me for a while but I got over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

General Dog posted:

If the movies canonically take place in 1962, then did Mr. Incredible and Frozone fight in World War 2? Or did superpowers only manifest with the advent of the nuclear age?

What makes you think it takes place in 62? There was a lot of tech and design that was extremely modern. I figure it takes place in the same era as Archer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Weird maybe it is 62 but there is a lot of really anachronistic stuff in it. The motorcycle, etc.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Maybe it’s 3062?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know she always had a bit of a wispy lisp but it really stuck out as “super old person”.

Which, you know, is fine. I’m no ageist. It really just didn’t line up with the character’s visuals for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
He does and he doesn’t. Somehow his voice still passes the test visually. IMO.

• Locked thread