Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

How do you replay banter with 3 or more party members, actually?

Should be under the All tab in the menu you view the others from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Cross-posting from the Steam Deck thread in search of answers!

I'm having a really bizarre issue with Octopath Traveler 2 on my Steam Deck and reaching out in case anyone has seen the like of it. The game crashes to desktop after a few minutes of playing. What is currently happening in the game doesn't seem to matter.

I played the game for 55 hours and most of the way through without any issues last year. I played about 20 hours of a new playthrough over the last few weeks without any issues. Since Friday, the game has become basically unplayable due to the crashes. There were no updates to the game or my Deck that I am aware of and no changes to the settings prior to the tinkering below.

Things I have tried:
*Loading other game saves.
*Reinstalling the game.
*Verifying files.
*Various game graphics settings and Deck power settings. Basically everything I can think of or find online.
*A full system restore.

Nothing has helped. This is incredibly bizarre and I'm kind of at my wit's end about it. Other games work and the issue seems isolated to Octopath 2. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Well, the main issue seems to be that you're using a Steam Deck.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but poo poo like this is why I used God's only console, the Nintendo Switch, to play OT2.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I play OT2 exclusively on Steamdeck (the switch version, emulated)