Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Literally the only thing I didn't like from the first demo is that it seemed to imply you could only view the 'prologue' chapter of the 1st character you pick - when you recruit the next character it's past that part of their story. I'm a sucker for origin stories, and the two in the demo both seemed really well done so I hope I don't have to essentially start the game 8 times if I want to experience them myself.

Anyway, the game seems super rad and I am so ready for it. I saw on Twitter it's an 80-100 hour game with sidequests which completely changed how I thought this game would unfold. That's completely absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I love Cyrus so much. He's just so god damned endearing

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

If they're standing in front of a house, challenging them and winning lets you go inside. Within the house you might find good loot (it may need to be activated as a hidden item through Inquire/Scrutinize first) or additional sidequest elements.

Yeah, in Sunshade I interrogated some chick and learned she came to town to find her estranged mother. Only it turns out she arrived too late and her mom died already. Her mom was a dancer and the daughter's only memento of her were the dancer clothes she left behind

anyway, I then beat her up, broke into her house and stole them

earlier on I found a fisherman's widow who refused to part with the spear her dearly departed husband had left behind. I stole that too

the main story could be bunk for all I care, I am totally in for every single NPC having actual backstories and interesting links to one another and easter eggs and ahhhh it's so loving good

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

The target indicator for party members is a small hand on their sprite, a blue highlight on the turn order, but not the *one* place my eyes expect it - the god drat vertical list of party members!!!

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I am so completely enamored with the Scrutinize / Inquire system and how that fits into the other path actions. I think the next game I work on is going to steal that idea outright and make an open world game where you wander from town to town just collecting NPC stories