Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

So is this game set in the same world as OT1 or is it completely standalone? I bounced off the first game pretty hard but the demo for 2 felt a lot more endearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

How does this game fare in terms of missable content? I think I read somewhere you can actually see all the banter scenes you missed at the tavern? I know you can just yt that stuff but the anxiety of missing one of those in OT1 was such a turnoff.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Finally starting 2 in earnest. Picked Hikari and then grabbed Partitio and Agnea.

Should I be doing Partitio's commerce sidequests asap or can I set them aside till I have the full party assembled?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Did they ditch locked chests in this game? I did a big sweep with my full party to get all the secondary jobs + inventor unlocked and haven't encountered one yet. It'll certainly make dungeon crawling a Lot easier if so.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I started with Hikari, got everyone on the left then everyone on the right finishing with Osvald. After that I went on a full path action sweep of the tier 1 towns, reached the tier 2 towns and picked up all the secondary jobs + EX skills + Inventor before another path action sweep.

Now im going through all the optional dungeons under level 30 before I marathon through chapter 2s.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

My early game move right now(almost done all the ch 2s) is Partitio with inventor and the skill that maxes his LP at the start of a fight. Find a common weakness and unleash a fully boosted catapult to match it for quick one turn fights that cost no sp.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just wrapped up my first round of ch 2s! So far Temenos and Castti are my favorite storylines, I'm a real sucker for how the game mechanics handle Castti's amnesia.

Tomorrow I do all the crossed path part 1s and then it's off to chapter 3 land with Osvald.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Is last gasp worth keeping for anything other than npc farming? The fact that it's single hit makes it much less desirable to me now that I'm rocking sentencing gavel limb from limb aggressive thrust and frenzy fire.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's thinking time

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm coming on the Big Endgame! Only 3 cross3d path finales and a few optional dungeons left.

Is there a consensus on best Ochette endgame captures and follower NPCs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I really hope OT3 keeps up the trend of jumping ahead a few centuries in terms of tech and setting. I'd love to see these jobs and fantasy ideas in a flashy neon 80's setting.