Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Your Computer posted:

If this game is half as good as Bravely Default I'll be a happy clam.

I just hope they don't do any weird poo poo this time

'cause like, the first half of Bravely Default is awesome. 10/10, zero caveats

And then they start doing the weird poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Your Computer posted:

oh yeah, that's another thing I didn't like about the demo. The characters don't even speak to each other, you walk up to them and get a tutorial message and an "Add this character to your party?" prompt. :sigh: Bravely had such lively characters and their interactions were great (well uh, for the most part. *cough*Ringabel*cough*)

e: completely unrelated topic - I've seen SaGa comparisons (like several this page) and I was wondering, are any of those games worth playing? They seem like really impenetrable games and I know very little about them, but I'm way into JRPGs so...

Final Fantasy Legend 1 - 3 are fairly straightforward as far as this series goes, and 2 especially is worth trying out if you're into oldschool JRPGs

Romancing SaGa 2 and 3 are great, and you can even get Romancing SaGa 2 on the Switch. Romancing SaGa 1 has a remake on the PS2 that is far superior to the SNES version

SaGa Frontier is jank as gently caress but it's a hoot. I couldn't get into Frontier 2 but a lot of people think it's the best of the series

Unlimited is hell. Even if you're a weirdo like me and end up liking the game, it will quickly become clear that the game does not like you back

I'm hearing good things about Scarlet Grace but that's not out in America yet so pbbbth