Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I went with Therion, cause I was feeling a thieving mood. Was a pretty good start to the game, which does a good job showing off his thieving ability, and by the end, he has a goal to work towards that makes sense for his personality. I then headed south and got Alfyn who was really cool.

My three hours ended after I picked up Primrose and I entered her dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
So, after playing through all the characters, I started over with the run I want to have for when the game really comes off, and ho boy did I make some progress.

I managed to speed through a lot, starting with Therion, and then collecting Alfyn, Primrose, Olberic, and finally Tressa. Right before I got to Tressa, I managed to kill one of those cat thief guys, who I discovered were basically metal slimes. Everyone went up a ton of levels, being around the 15-16 range, and I just sat there slack-jawed for a second.

This didn't actually make things too easy for me, though. Enemies seem to beef up the more allies and/or levels you collect, and battles still need a good amount of strategy to get through them efficiently. Tressa's boss fight was actually quite a long undertaking, despite how over-leveled I had gotten.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Therion is my main character, because I really liked playing as him, found his mechanics like stealing and opening the purple chests useful, and I'm engaged by his quest so far. I'm pretty certain that I'm not going to have a set party though, cause I want to try out all these characters and not get complacent.