Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Possibly stupid question: I still have the silver chunk and money purse from the first chapters of Partitio and Agnea, is there any reason to hold on to them or can I sell them? For some reason I feel like I should hold on to them but also that feels dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I played through Live a Live earlier this year and that was actually part of the reason I wanted to pick up OT2 after having not played the first OT. OT2 feels like an entire game built out of the final chapter of LAL, but with less of a focus on gameplay and setting variety.

edit: the other part was TriStrat being my GotY last year, I think as highly of it as Schreier does of this game.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I’ve gotta say, I like the variety in tones for the stories. You’ve got deadly serious dramas and revenge tales and also Partitio Forrest Gump-ing his way through the history of capitalism

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

One of my favorite things about this game is that most of the stories have very smart villains. They all know you’re coming for them, which makes it even better when you beat their asses.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I think I called Partitio “Capitalism Forrest Gump” before but I was mistaken. The unwavering positivity, the extreme trust/gullibility, the penchant for inviting his enemies to join his team, the ability to do basically anything up to and including (final chapter spoiler) beat the poo poo out of the world’s first Train-Tank, Partitio is actually the lead in his own Shonen Jump Manga about capitalism.

edit for unrelated fan art

https://twitter.com/hanpaopaoo/status/1634501463568433152?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I love how much Temenos/Crick fan art there is, that sort of relationship is catnip to nerds of all flavors

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

TriStrat rules, it was my favorite game of last year, the plot is incredibly tight and the way it weaves the gameplay with the story is outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Like Live-A-Live, one era at a time.

And then a ninth game to bring all 64 characters together.

They can call it Octopath Traveller 64 and instead of using HD-2D they can make it a high fidelity rendition of all of those classic N64 RPGs instead of all those classic SNES RPGs

now excuse me while I take a big sip of water and look at a list of classic N64 RPGs