Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Given it will transfer to the full game, I think it's safe to assume it is not a time limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Has anyone speedran the demo enough to get 5 characters? I hit the time limit just as I got my 4th, and I'm interested in knowing if people outside of the current battle party get full, reduced, or no exp. This can make or break a game vis-a-vis grinding (see: battle chasers nightwar)

All you had to do was take your two out of party guys with someone like Garrison who can finish a battle in one round and everyone levels. Can game it further by getting to boss, exit and return with underleveled guys and kill boss.

Anyway, battle system looks like it should be stellar once you get deeper in.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
As someone in the same boat but further along, I would pick Battle Chasers.

West of Loathing is great cheap simple turned based adventure game as well.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like my boss strategy lately has been 'everyone else is there to break/debuff the boss and buff Olberic so he can 3-shot them with Thunder's Brand'.

I haven't found anything to go away from the 2 damage/2 support model. Olberic Cyrus and Primose is a hell of a core. I like Therions speed as my fourth but Tressa is a hell of a Runelord.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

Whose your healer then

Primose, items and or Tressa with Runelord/Rest. Patience on Tressa when she is a Runelord is pretty funny as well.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

I restarted with olberic as my main instead of haanit . Game is much better now but I die a lot more lol.

Should I really ever be buffing myself as olberic or leave it to others? Right now he’s a apothecary but I don’t know if that’s the best choice.

I only ever used Level Slash and Cross Strike early on because it wrecked everything, so his job never mattered to me until Warmaster. I wouldn't waste turns buffing himself, let others buff him and debuff enemies.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Don't fret too much about jobs. Since it is not tied to exp, you swap in jobs to get the passives you want then switch back. JP costs also are cheap early on so you generally get the skills you want. This allows you to quickly adjust to areas. Seeing a lot of enemies weak to wind? Switch Cyrus to Merchant, spend the paltry amount of JP for the aoe wind skill if you dont have it already, and you now made the area easier.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Kashuno posted:

If she does a lot of ele damage the better choice is to give her runelord

Also no reason to use her as the magic damager until she is actually the best at it in the late game.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
If anything it is less convenient because you should have saved your JP for Runelord or Sorceror. You would be using a weaker Scholar for the majority of the game.

How did you build your group around her as Sorcerer?

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 8, 2018

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Licarn posted:

This same stat/gear setup but Runelord attacking with Balogar's Blade.

Sorcerer Primrose is faster and she gets a +fire weapon which most things in the best late-game grinding spot are weak to.

Yeah I switched Primose to Sorcerer after reading some stuff here and have liked it. Primose/Sorc, Tressa/Runelord, Alfyn/Cleric(BP battery and Aelfrics on Prim) and Olbrecht/Warmaster is my current poo poo out DPS group I am experimenting with. Might be better to get Alephans from a scholar on Prim, not sure.

Swap in Therion/Hunter for Olbrecht if doing toughest fights.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 8, 2018

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
It's funny because I could list your character tiers in the exact opposite way and both of us could still be accurate.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Capture is pretty useful for breaking in the early and mid game. I at least used it unlike Boost. Provoke stinks though.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Some Numbers posted:

Merchant H'aanit and Cleric Olberic sound perfect then.

Does anyone know where I can get more Essence of Pomegranate?

I used Tressa and Alfyn as the batteries and Haanit Thief/Therion Hunter as constant debuffers. Olberic as Warmaster DPS but constantly healing would work too.

However you want to set it up but I liked the Battery/Healer/Debuffer/DPS role setup for it.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 13, 2018

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
You never really have a main team, especially if you want to play all the content. But it's fun to think about anyway, so I would suggest Prim instead of Cyrus.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Whatever your weaker team is, put Alfyn on it so concoct can carry them.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Even if you can cheese the 4 subclass fights, I would hold off anyway unless you want super easy mode for a while.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I buy them with Tressa as you never really need to buy anything from a store if you stealin.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
This might be obvious but always try to break the enemy at the beginning of the turn so you get almost two full rounds of actions.

Two scholars should easily carry you for a long time, so maybe your skills are out of whack. Patience is a great skill I loved for instance.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

TheHeadSage posted:

Is there any trick to this? I've got Olberic wearing some good gear, but he hits like a wet fart, which is why I'm running the double scholar build. Primrose and Cyrus, with a 3x boost double magic attack can hit everything for 4k damage a turn, but with the same 3x boost, level slash Olberic is only hitting for 1.3k (this is after everything is broken)

The above is with Primrose being level 40 and Olberic being level 34. 6 levels can't be that huge of a gap. Either way, I'm going to respec my team so I can clear the secret job bosses.

Thief physical debuff, then Brands Thunder.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Everything is basically good. Having two scholars will carry you for a long time though. Basically for most of the game you can go with damage dealers but then later on it can be more optimal to have one damage dealer and the rest support/buff/debuff. You can switch jobs so easily so don’t feel like you need to lock them in.

Like I think I used Therion with Warrior for a long time but in endgame type fights he is best as a Hunter and using that Hamstring debuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Also don’t break near the end of the turn, you want to break in the beginning so most of your team gets two break actions.

I am sure there are other viable options but in the early game having two scholars can easily carry you until you transition to one super damage character and the rest support model.