Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

So does the concoct ability do much? I tried it like 3 times but each time it only did 3 damage or healed me for 10 or something like that, which seemed kind of useless. Do you just have to figure out the good combos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Folt The Bolt posted:

Alfyn can only use an Axe, and his skillset has a single-target ice spell and direct damage Axe skills (but only two of them so far because he also has a variety of healing magic + one spell that poisons enemies). There's also his Concoct talent that I haven't tested out fully.

At least one concoct combination I tried dealt fire damage. I think I'm going to buy a bunch of ingredients and test it out later. So far it hasn't been explained at all in the tooltips but I may have missed it.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Eeyo posted:

At least one concoct combination I tried dealt fire damage. I think I'm going to buy a bunch of ingredients and test it out later. So far it hasn't been explained at all in the tooltips but I may have missed it.

Ok, here's about all I've been able to figure out so far. I don't think you can overcharge it (unless you get that later?). You get to combine 2 ingredients. The first one is medicinal or hazardous with large or small volume and mild or potent. The medicinal can be combined with any other ingredient to heal/buff/restore SP. Large volume targets entire party and small volume is single target. I'm guessing potency is obvious but I don't have enough things to test. Then you combine one of the first ingredients with one of the other ingredients. Like mild medicinal small volume + "component that restores spirit" restores SP. Or mild/hazardous/small + "component with poisonous effects" does flame damage and has a chance of poisoning. A lot of the offensive ones have a chance to debuff (like lowered elemental or physical armor or confusion).

The healing ones heal quite a bit. Combining with essence of grape did a 1000 single-target heal. I don't know if it scales with level or not. The damage ones so far have only done like 1-10 damage 2-3 times and then had maybe 25-50% chance to debuff. But I've found one for wind, lightning, and fire so far. You remember the combinations too, so once you've learned a recipe you can figure it out again.

I'm not sure how many ingredients there are, there may be multiples of the mild/potent/etc ones. And there may be a lot of different 2nd ingredients but I haven't found that many so far.