Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Left town and couldn't change day to night, didn't think too much about it until I got ran into an enemy that was labeled Shadowy and way more powerful than the area normally is. That's something new holy crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

GloomMouse posted:

Well Throne's ending sure uh happened

Yeah... uh so what the gently caress? That was really stupid.

Superboss spoilers ah gently caress, they want me to fight Galdera again. I hated it in the last game but at least theres some awareness of how bullshit the final boss was when it becomes the Superboss of the 2nd game

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I find Partitio and his story more annoying than anything. Everyone else is cool minus a specific final chapter the thief chapter 5 kind of jumping off a cliff.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

At chapter 2 I didn't like Agnea, but by the end leaning into the lower stakes made me enjoy it. The final chapter just having the Dance Battle between her and the superstar being represented by a normal(really fun) battle was smarter than shoehorning in an actual violent confrontation. And I enjoyed them teasing one before the flashback with the aggressive puppies.

I don't know how this all connects at the end. Right now I've beaten everyone's main story and I'm puttering around with side quests and optional bosses before I move on to the final story

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm not confused I just think it's stupid

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hey is there a good list of late/end game optional bosses and dungeons? I've done a few, and I'm going to save the superboss til later if I do it I'm not sure I really want to face Galdera again but I want to make sure ive done everything else before I go into the final story. The list of bosses I found ended up being incomplete and I almost missed a few things

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Just beat the final chapter.

Knowing that Dracula is a descendant of the evil wizard working for the Dark god doesn't make the twist that Dracula was behind everything in Throne's chapters less stupid.

Actually, a lot of those twists were really dumb. Tansy and the reporter were both in on it? Sure why not, gently caress it.

Still less tacked on than almost everything involving Galdera in the first game so they've improved there

Loved the game overall though. Better than the first and I really enjoyed the first one.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Tanzy was less "in on it" and more just a really unfortunate victim of Arcanette's honey-tongued manipulation. She was wracked with grief and guilt over her lover's death and sadly the person she found to help her through it wrapped the poor girl around her finger.

The intended takeaway isn't "wow it's hosed up that Tanzy was a villain" but rather "wow it's hosed up how Arcanette took control of her through her grief".

no I get all that. What I mean is what a random character to end up having such a big role in the end. Seemed like nothing hinted at it until it just happened

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Harrow posted:

There are a lot of pretty dark stories hidden in NPC inquires/scrutinizes if you put together things you learn from multiple NPCs. Some funny ones, too. I love how drat near everyone in Clockbank is either a thief or former thief.

There's also the guard who thinks everyone in town is really nice and loves the place

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I got through 30 seconds of the dub on the first game and there was no way I was going to use anything but the Japanese dialog for this. Even if some of the English VAs are ones I enjoy in other games (like Agnea being Haru) I just didn't trust it.

garfield hentai posted:

I just finished the last of the character/crossed path stories and I while I definitely enjoyed my time with it, it's been 70 hours and all the threads I cared about are resolved and I'm feeling like the final chapter stuff seems like a bit of a chore and it's time to move on. Figured I'd just read some spoilers to see how bad I was missing out and I'm definitely feeling validated in my decision.

I would do it anyway, the final boss is really fun and the epilogue after everything is really cool.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Speaking if Ochette it was awesome having Scourge of the Sea respawn, turn into an easy battle from being a higher level, and realizing I could capture some of the sub bosses as my Pokemon

I also chose the owl at the beginning mostly because I thought the sprite preening itself was cute

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Casti with cleric as her second class is an A+ healer with crazy concoctions on top of it and I almost never wanted her out of my party no matter what make I'm using for the rest. Her axe sweep was also really useful depending on the weaknesses of who I was fighting

Also her story is maybe my favorite. Top three for sure

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Harrow posted:

Yeah it's sort of inevitable that your main character is going to end up pretty overleveled. Besides nerfing Throne with crappy gear, you could also have her play a support role if you don't want her to just steamroll everything. Give her a subjob with good support like Dancer or Merchant and let that be her main role in combat so others have a chance to shine.

Warning: Throne with dancer is really awesome for buffs, debuffs, dagger dance and surprise attack and might still steamroll things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I was lucky I picked Osvald for my starting character since, yeah, both his day and night path actions are super useful. Then again I would characters a lot just to use a path action before going back and grabbing the team I was leveling up