Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN
I finished the game and loved it. I was on the fence about it since OT1 was fun but not amazing, this was way better all around. the characters are great and the cross-party interactions were sorely missing

not sure all the finale twists worked for me, but they served the purpose of tying the individual storylines together while delivering some concluding wtfs. and of course tons better than the first game's finale

highlight of the game: destroying the magitek steam locomotive over Partitio's saxophone theme
lowlights of the game: too many random encounters, being way over-leveled and over-geared, completely forgetting who Tanzy and Tsuki were by the endgame
??? of the game: why and how were they going to build Dolcinaealand on the front line of an active warzone

in retrospect, probably the funniest thing in the finale is how petty and uncoordinated most of the masterminds were. most notably Claude passing on becoming the vessel and loving off to run his inter-generational murder royale. the resurrection largely went as intended so I guess that was all fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU