Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
I actually thought the twitter idea might of been good. But it is a little annoying that it happens after you highlight every text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
OH GOD I HATE IT CHANGE IT BACK

Wasn't there already a "go up" button

There is. It's still there when I mouseover the bottom corner. fff

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
The back arrow is a bit annoying because its floating over the text I want to read.

Can't we just have the small upp button that comes upp below it when you hover over the big one, that one is much better. And it should only come up when you hover on that area so it's not in the way for when I enjoy everyone's fantastic posts.

Literally it would be great had the big button not been there.

[edit]Oh it has always been there, shows what I know.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 14, 2018

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lowtax posted:

I'm disabling it.

It's nice that you are adding new things. I appreciate it. Even the ones I won't use.

PS: Will the auto-refresh wok on the "User Control Panel" and "Bookmarks" pages?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is there a way to add these features as optional things in the control panel or user options? I think that would be excellent. Let those who want it keep it on, let those who do not want it keep it off.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Also does the auto refresh work for threads?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

quote:

Okay I just got done adding some (hopefully) useful new features for yall:

1) There's now a "back to top" arrow on the bottom right, so you can easily go, well, back to the top.

2) If you select text, you will be given the option to Tweet it / that post to your Tweeterer account.

3) The forumdisplay pages will now automatically refresh every 15 seconds, so you can just leave the page open and it will refresh and let you know when anything has changed or there are new replies.

4) When typing in a post or reply, it will now autosave whatever you've typed, so if you accidentally close your browser or whatever, the poo poo you typed should still be there.

1) I blocked it , too big, I don't like visual elements that follow as I scroll. Like I have a scroll bar, a scroll wheel, page up, arrow keys, I don't really need another way to get to the top of a thread, it seems very unnecessary. 2. Is copy paste really too difficult? I bet there's extensions for that too. Eh whatever I guess 3. Sounds good didn't notice it. 4. Good.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 14, 2018

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Is there a way to add these features as optional things in the control panel or user options? I think that would be excellent. Let those who want it keep it on, let those who do not want it keep it off.

The auto refresh is making my old-rear end computer freak out, could it please be made optional? :(

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Nobody is sharing Something Awful threads on social media, who would even use that feature

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, people are being goony as hell.

Lowtax - When I make a post, like in this thread, the next time I click reply that same information is stored in the post screen.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Vegetable posted:

Nobody is sharing Something Awful threads on social media, who would even use that feature

bring back the digg button

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Rappaport posted:

The auto refresh is making my old-rear end computer freak out, could it please be made optional? :(

:agreed: My computer isn't old, but my ISP sucks, and the refresh for me is dog slow. Making it optional would be greatly preferred.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
you guys think this is a big deal just wait, been talkin with the Tax man and he said he even has a new filter in the works that will make all my posts good :grin:

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
The auto-refresh thing makes it kind of hard to actually browse SA mart because it keeps kicking me back to the top of the page. Can this be made optional, please?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

eonwe posted:

Wow, people are being goony as hell.

seriously, lol. he's actively changing things as we're discussing them in the thread, people should keep their drat pants on.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Polygynous posted:

The digg button is actually back with that weird 'add to any' icon on the top post of a page.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Polygynous posted:

Click the 'more' button. It's got digg and myspace and everything

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

food court bailiff posted:

seriously, lol. he's actively changing things as we're discussing them in the thread, people should keep their drat pants on.

Was just gonna mention the text moves down on a new page because of the share button but it was just fixed lol.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It'd be really cool to have the auto-refresh on bookmarkthreads.php

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nooner posted:

you guys think this is a big deal just wait, been talkin with the Tax man and he said he even has a new filter in the works that will make all my posts good :grin:

You mean an auto hide feature?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

bitterandtwisted posted:

Click the 'more' button. It's got digg and myspace and everything

:lol: oh my god

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

anyway to toggle off this giant arrow? it's getting in the way

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
this auto-refresh would make an awesome optional feature

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

how do i buy t-shirts/polos/other swag again?

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
The back to top arrow makes it scroll up in slow motion is this some kind of joke?

(FE: On Edge for Android it's probably their fault)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Your Computer posted:

this auto-refresh would make an awesome optional feature

Yeah auto refresh is not convenient in the slightest my taxman friendo I keep trying to click and it refreshes

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Hipster_Doofus posted:

The back to top arrow makes it scroll up in slow motion is this some kind of joke?

(FE: On Edge for Android it's probably their fault)

Nah its slow as heck in Chrome desktop too.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

lol but seriously I posted:

The ghost arrow should be much more gaudy and intrusive imo.

Same.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Duck and Cover posted:

1) I blocked it , too big, I don't like visual elements that follow as I scroll. Like I have a scroll bar, a scroll wheel, page up, arrow keys, I don't really need another way to get to the top of a thread, it seems very unnecessary. 2. Is copy paste really too difficult? I bet there's extensions for that too. Eh whatever I guess.. 3. Sounds good didn't notice it. 4. Good.

Okay, I made the page up icon half the size and less intrusive.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Giga Gaia posted:

Nah its slow as heck in Chrome desktop too.
Oh poo poo that's retarded, I'll fix that too.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

lol but seriously I posted:

The ghost arrow should be much more gaudy and intrusive imo.

Please, it should spin too, perhaps in 3d.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Thank you for auto save I love you

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Polygynous posted:

OH GOD I HATE IT CHANGE IT BACK

Wasn't there already a "go up" button

There is. It's still there when I mouseover the bottom corner. fff
The old one is good because it's visible on each bottom corner and goes to #top

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I don't mind ghost arrow he can stay

Twitter thing was bad though. I select text with the cursor as I read so I was seeing that thing pop up about 15 times a second

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

I select text with the cursor as I read

what the heck

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

anthonypants posted:

The old one is good because it's visible on each bottom corner and goes to #top

I'm not understanding why two up buttons are needed?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Lowtax when can I surf the forums in full VR?? I saw the film Ready Player One and am excited to experience the goat man in three glorious dimensions.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I just got a new laptop and I thought is was something running in the background and messing with my stuff. good to know its not.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Lowtax posted:

Yo! Read the announcement up top!

can we have "skip post" buttons too? other than just "go to top". because sometimes it's a big rear end vertically scrolling post you want to skip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Please disable the Reddit button in the share feature. Thanks.

• Locked thread