Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
If you want cheap, no, not really. With the downside that the flat faces do not clear anything big brake wise, which really sucks.
TC105N, if you're willing to spend a bit more, will clear brakes.
6UL is cheap, light, and has optimized offsets / sizes but I've heard complaints of bending easily (compared to something like the RPF1) on non-Miata weight cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That is a hell of a bend

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
TE37s come in 6 lug :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.facebook.com/drainwheels/

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It just crossed my mind that Jongbloed makes wheels similar to what you're looking for.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I wish we got the EP3 Type R here, oh well. Even a clean-ish Si is difficult to find (so I bought an ex-TT FA5 as a DD).

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
You can also just flip the face to reverse the offset

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
You could use https://www.willtheyfit.com/ and do a little bit of measuring. I'd just run the tire sizes on it now unless there is a good reason to change.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The first thing you have to throw out is the idea that a standard tire width is equivalent across tire brands and models, for example a 225 hoho is as wide as a 245 200tw tire or a 255 nt01 is quite a bit wider than a firestone indy500, so it can be hard to gauge.

I like a 245 on a 9 and a 255 on a 10 in terms of feel, but I have been running 255s on 9s for a while. You'll notice OEMs tend to match rim width to tread width and people say they can look stretched, but they will perform well, feel good, and be consistent versus a bulged tire on the same wheel that might make more grip but be more 'peaky' in terms of letting go and feel more numb/mushy/squirmy.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 4, 2018

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I've used Jesse Streeter before, see how his fees compare

https://jessestreeter.com/

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Laserface posted:

Croooober appears to be endorsed by upgarage as their worldwide broker and Jesse wants to skim 10% off the purchase price so he's not cheaper.

Guess I'll go with croober!

Nice!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
$2.5k USD isn't THAT bad for a set of wheels like that (not that I could imagine spending that much :lol: )

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yes, but it is not cheap either way

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Olympic Mathlete posted:

They look like a 1 piece Blitz copy

MHT and NZO made a Blitz Type 03 rep in dual pattern back in the day

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Are you set on using those wheels? Someone might be able to come up with something that already matches what you're looking for aesthetically without having to stick wheels into a lathe and all that comes with it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Car weight and tire profile play a big part. What kind of car?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
What size are the tires? You might be able to run them on the 7.5s just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
They are fine on a 7.5. If you want to validate, you can look at Tirerack for those tires which lists 5.5-7.5" as acceptable wheel widths. This link is for the newer version of the tire, but same general idea.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus%20V12%20evo2&partnum=055WR6K120XL

You generally want to match section width to wheel width to optimize a given tire for proper feel and grip.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 15, 2021